Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I SPY

 

 
Posted by Picasa


My son and I love these types of I SPY books. My best friend Genie gave him a similar type of book to begin with one year when he was smaller. We love to search for the items over and over again and again. I found this Christmas book as a gift for him this year. So I knew this was what I wanted to use as my I word for ABC Wednesday. I did not take a flash with this because of all the gold and glitter on the book would probably have made a white spot or washed some of it out. Here it is a bit dark. Sorry.

I asked Rhett to make up his own I Spy photo one summer Sunday afternoon after I began using my new digital camera, but he kept playing with something else. So I got a black towel, placed it on a tv tray and began placing some of his toys that he played with the most such as his chess pieces. I thought about submitting the idea to the book, but could not find where they accepted this type of idea. Tell me what you spy in the bottom photo.

If you would like to participate in ABC Wednesday, please go to:
http://strollingthroughgeorgia.blogspot.com/

Quote of the day:
Always show the you in you that makes you the you that you are.
-Chidinam Obietikponah-

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice I post.

mrsnesbitt said...

I spy books! Loved them!

DeeMom said...

Loved playing that game with our children when they were wee ones...

gma said...

I know this book. The kids love this...so do I ha ha !

Andrea said...

I remember playing this game with my daughters and now play it with my grandson.

Katney said...

The I Spy books (along with the Great Search books from Usborne, Where's Waldo, and the Look Alikes) are some of the most popular books in the school library. Theya re always in circulation, and I have to restirct kids to one at a time and sometimes ask them to skip a week before checing out another.


The Photohunt them last Saturday was I Spy. When you visit my ABC, scroll back and see what I had found hidden.

dot said...

I enjoyed looking at all the different things in the picture but I've never seen the I Spy books.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Great I post never thought about that one

FO - 2 said...

Nice and charming I post. :)
Happy Easter!

becky aka theRAV said...

Wow! All your comments made me feel really good about this post. Glad I did it now & could bring back some fond memories for you.

Dragonstar said...

I love your second photo - so full of his important stuff. I hope he liked it.

Barbara said...

My children always had I spy books, it was lots of fun!