Monday, March 31, 2008

Paper Tree?

 


My Uncle Bert passed away on Friday morning so I did not particpate in Thankful Thursday and I had a lot to be thankful for from last week. Another post; another day. Nor did I feel like participating in Sky Watch Friday even though I had photos already uploaded. I started to use one of those today for my odd shot, but as I was getting in my car to go to lunch, I saw this tree. They look like "paper trees" to me with the bark hanging off like it does here. I find that odd in itself, but I thought I could see a face where the bark sticks out the most on the left side, then if you look back to the right, I saw eyes or a face. When I returned from lunch, when I parked, I walked up close to the tree. It wasn't as obvious as in the camera's view. Maybe I need new glasses! I sent it to myself as a email so I could get a good gander. Then I saw other things in it. Seeing other things in it reminds me of my art work. So I am content with this one.

Much to my surprise I had a three comments from my Odd Shots and Sky Watch buds on my previous post about Uncle Bert's death last time I checked. I thank your for your comments of sympathy. They were like the good hug I also received this morning that made me feel better. The internet is awesome in that others can reach out to you in your times of need and lift your spirits. I love that you all are such a caring world wide community. I am proud to be apart of it.

If you would like to participate in Odd Shots Monday, please go to the following:
http://katneyskaboodle.blogspot.com/

P.S. I hope to do a post dedicated to my uncle.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really odd! Good catch.

Paulie said...

I have forgotten what kind of tree that is. We have some near the park at a condo building and I am fascinated by how the bark peels.

JC said...

That's pretty cool!

My condolences, also... have faith, he is in a much better place.

Katney said...

It might be a "Paper Birch".(Wikipedia has a pretty good picture to compare.)

But I think it is watching you!

dixymiss said...

Fanciful odd shot. I'm impressed with your ability to "see" faces in nature ~ very intuitive. My sympathies as you grieve your Uncle. Glad fellow bloggers have provided some comfort. Blessings and peace be with you.

diXymiss

dot said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle but glad that you were able to post. Very good odd shot.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, John. Coming from you, that makes me feel like I did great! Thanks for all your kind words and condolences. We will keep the faith and know my uncle is no longer suffering but smiling down on us. Funny that the tree is watching me, Katney. Never thought of that. Thanks, DixyMiss for your beautiful words. You all have blessed me.