Friday, March 7, 2008

The Tin Man


This is the fourth shot in a series of the Columbus Water tower. Please see my previous post for it.... http://quoththerav3.blogspot.com/2008/02/columbus-water-towers.html. Now it has been painted this shiney silver reflecting in the bright sunshine earlier in the week. It reminded me of the Tin Man from "The Wizard of Oz". I took a lot of other Sky Watch shots, but this one kept calling out to me so I really wanted to use it. I took another one of it this morning in the drizzling rain, but it was not as good. I had raindrops on my window. The blue off the rain clouds was reflected on the left side which was kind of neat, but I could not see it in the photo like I saw it in reality. Last night I took some night shots with and without flash. I re-took my previous eerie Sky Watch post that you all liked. This time there was no blurr; no errieness. I may save it for Odd Shots but I think I like the eerie one better. The white flowers are blooming here now. The night shot I took of them without flash did not turn out well. I will have to retake them again with flash. Hopefully this weekend...

Still it makes me wonder what color this tower will be next week...

I am asking for your prayers for my Uncle Bert again. We knew he had a mass on his brain which could have been causing his mini strokes. They finally got back all the results of his MRI's and said he has a tumor, but that is all we know at this point. He is no longer able to write out a check now. I took this pretty hard at work since he is one of my favorite Uncles, an uncle by marriage not by blood but he might as well be because he is family. Thank you in advance for your prayers. I was told today that there are lots of people walking around with a brain tumor. We are going to see him after work so Don can see if he can fix his chair that broke.

If you would like to participate in Sky Watch Friday, please go to... http://womtig.blogspot.com/ for today since Dot is away. Hope you all have a great Sky Watch weekend, my friends.

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Tom said...

The Tinman is a stunner, I know Dot will love this one as well.
Thank you for taking the time to link to Sky Watch as well.

Tom

Pernille said...

Nice and a different photo. I love it:)
Have a nice weekend:)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

how fun keeps you guessing and what a great name

Byrning Bunny said...

For some reason he reminded me of the robot on lost in space: danger will robinson. Don't quite know why.

Interesting photo.

http://byrningbunny.wordpress.com/

Anne-Berit said...

Very good photo.Have a nice weekend:o)

SandyCarlson said...

That is quite the tin man, all right! What a view. God bless.

Misty DawnS said...

What a very unique scene! Great capture!

Yolanda said...

Nice and unique photos.

Carletta said...

I love the humor in this. Thanks for the smiles!

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Different shot, but very interesting!

Santilli, from Brazil

Tom said...

Becky thank you for your visit today... I was pleased to see you name and instantly remembered the tin man. I got to vist all the sky blog entries in the first 24 hours, and managed to do my regulars blogs as well... but boy did that do my eyes in..:o). I have plenty of time to visit and I realise others do not.
Thank you again.
Tom

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks for all your wonderful comments. Everyone seemed to really like my Tin Man idea so that made my day.