Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday 3/6/08

Today is Thankful Thursday. Today I am thankful for yet another great family weekend we had. It was not quite the photo op I expected it to be, but I got a masterpiece out of it. Please see "My Masterpiece" post http://quoththerav3.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-masterpiece_03.html
I realized when I wrote it, it would have worked for this post as well. I was so thankful I created some art this week even out of anger. Please see "The Boot" post for that. http://quoththerav3.blogspot.com/2008/03/boot.html At least I can laugh about it now.

I was thankful on our ride to Dothan, Ala when the song "Neon Moon" came on the radio. It used to be "our song" we danced to when were country line dancing when we were dating. We even danced to it at our wedding. I asked Don when he hears that song now, what does he think of? He gets this silly grin where he pretends he is not really smiling when I KNOW he is. He said, "Nothing." So I hit him on his arm! Then Rhett was "What? What?" It was one of those moments I wouldn't trade for all the crab legs in the sea.

In Dothan, we stopped at Po Folk's per my request which was SO good. We had to back track to get to it which Don fussed about. The fried green tomatoes were the best I have had in a long while. Not too thick. Not too thin. Just right and serve with a out of this world ranch dressing. They only served 3 so I had to order more since Rhett was eating them with me. I am so thankful we stopped there. Don was too after he ate!

It was neat going back to the auction in Dothan although it had not changed except for the cute puppy with blue eyes trying to bite my jeans! Then he wasn't so cute. Rhett was just a toddler on our 2nd trip. I remember him wearing blue jeans or blue jean overalls with a blue jean conductor hat standing by a huge John Deer tire three times his size. Don said it has been 7 years. So I took Rhett's picture by an old rusted out tractor with tires that were coming out all over the place. I thought it looked like it has a face in the tractor, but it doesn't once it is printed. You can't see it when Rhett is standing there. Rhett likes to take the camera and go, "Now you see. Now you don't." It is weird because it makes him seem like a ghost.

On the way home, I was thinking how good ice cream would be since it had warmed up. Don read my mind. We stopped at McDonald's in Eufaula. I got a chocolate sundae instead of strawberry which must have shocked my husband. Then I took "My Masterpiece".

Last night on the way to church Rhett was trying to say "boot leg" but called it "boot shoot" instead. I was laughing til I was crying as was he. I am thankful for that laugh and all the laughter we share.

At Capt D's Sunday Rhett was holding the beeper they now give you like the other fanicer eateries. It went off while in his hand, he jumped and placed it on the table. We cracked up at that too.

I am thankful I have seen my cousin Ben more this year than I have in a long time.
I am thankful for my post about Genie, my best friend. Please see my previous post to read it.
I am so very thankful for her.

There were 2 things that I was NOT thankful for this week. I got screwed - a screw was in my tire and it started going flat! I have lost count how many flat tires this makes now. Luckily I work in a place where there are a lot of men. They had the inmates change it. They did it so fast I told them they should get a job with Nascar when they are released from prison. I thanked them profusely. I was thankful for their help.

Then this morning I locked the keys in the car when I warmed it up to take Rhett to school. At 1st I just looked around trying to remember where the spare key was hidden. So I had to call Don. He wasn't answering his cell. I had to call 411 to get the # of his work because I don't know it, but I sounded like a panicked woman when I asked for the numberfrom the 411 operator. Don finally came to the phone. His attitude was "Oh, good you are still at home..." I had trouble finding the key. Rhett finally saw it. I am thankful for his ability to find things. I unlocked ALL the doors and left them wide open. I had to go inside to wash my hands. Rhett was thankful for the heat inside the house, but the car was so hot when we got inside of it. I know I wasted a lot precious gas. Rhett was late for school for the 1st time and was sort of miffed at me. I apologized for being such a klutzy mom. I was late for work too. But I know it will get better.

I am thankful there was no WWIII at work this week, but I had plenty of folks praying for our office. If you would like to read something funny about co-workers, go to: http://passingtime-josie.blogspot.com/2008/02/co-worker-horror-stories.html It is written by a beatiful, funny woman.

My friend Janet of Lavendar Loft had a new blog place listed on her blog. It is called zentangle. Go to http://www.zentangle.com/index.php After viewing some of these great pieces of art, I realized I have done a few, but mine were done in color. I have a brown piece I'll have to dig up and take a photo of it.

I am thankful for today because I'll be printing photos, I won't be thankful for paying bills, but I may get some shopping in too. I have bought Rhett's Easter shirt already from JCPenney's. It is apart of their new line American Living which is really Ralph Lauren. It pays to know people that work there.

Rhett, the bugger, got his pictures from school, but failed to tell me they were in his book bag. I found them Sunday night. I'd just told Katherine, our preacher's wife that the school did not take as good pics of him as I do. They made a liar out of me this time. Now I'll have to buy more to give to everyone. They are THAT good.

Rhett almost got choked by someone's book bag that had string like straps earlier in the week. He had a slight burn mark on one side of his neck. Mom panicked and thought he should go to the dr. It didn't break the skin and he wasn't bleeding. I am just thankful he wasn't choked for real. The other student was reprimanded and his mom assured the vice principal that book bag would not be brought back to campus. Mom told me to watch it to see if it swelled. It was so minor that I didn't give it a 2nd thought except to tell Don about it & let him look at it. I didn't think about it again until I was nibbling on his neck the next day. It was sore.

I made a new blog friend who added me to her blog roll this week which made my day and I am thankful for that too. Despite all the problems I had, it was still a good week since my last Thankful Thursday. If you would like to share your thankfulness, please go to: http://www.eph2810.com/

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for such a great post.

Mom said...

Great post makes me think of all that I am thankful for!