Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Men With No Backbones

Well, I am not tooting my horn this Tuesday like I did last week because I am angry at myself as you will read why below....

Rhett went to a Monster Truck Jam with his youngest big sister Stepanie Saturday. Don paved part of my parent's driveway all day. Later that night we watched "The Wedding Crashers". While Don was totally exhausted, I could not sleep. I felt like I had become my mother. I remembered how she told me she couldn't go to sleep until I came home. I didn't go to bed til almost 2 am which is ironically about the time Rhett went to bed because they were playing on the a WE til then. He looked tired the next morning at church where Steph dropped him off.

After church we went to the Cracker Barrell with friends. The food was good as was the fellowship. We all sat outside in the rockers for awhile, rocking. Rhett & Don played a game of checkers and I took a really good photo of them. I knew it would be the perfect Father's day gift for Don and his father.

Then Rhett wanted to go to Thunder in the Valley, a yearly airplane show we have watched from the back of the truck at Home Depot. It is ususally very windy and I get a little sunburned. This year we parked in the newly re-built Walmart lot across from the airport. I had on a t-top so I could get lots of sun, but we did not stay long enough. I tried to take photos which were too hard with the planes flying by so fast. I couldn't make out a lot of them on the camera in direct sunlight. Now I wish I had not taken any because I deleted my whole disk!!! I could have cried. All I had were these not so great photos of the air show. We went inside Walmart. No old pictures came up and my spirit went down. I did get a disk so I can upload the ones I have on the computer to a cd so all is not lost. I just will not have the ones I took of my guys on Sunday. We can always go back to the Cracker Barrell before Father's day so I can retake that one perfect shot and another one of a sign that is a very pretty blue filagree that says:

"ASAP
As Southern As Possible"

I had not printed any photos this past week and I am especially fond of my Tape Art design. A friend told me she found other things in it which I could not find for the life of me, but I didn't tell her that. She said she could look at it for days and still find more things which made me feel good. Leah said she saw a cat in it.

We stopped by to look at Don's handiwork of the driveway Sunday before evening church, went home for a few minutes then went back to church. Back home, I caught up on a few emails and blogs as is my Sunday evening ritual. I emailed friends asking them to pray for me on Monday as I was expecting some ugliness at work. I have had a lot of work lately and I do it in the order which I receive it. I sort of went above and beyond on a vendor list, giving specific info such as fax #s and email addresses so letters could be faxed or emailed to save time and postage. I did not deviate from this since it was requested a week ago. The person I did the list for thought that was an excellent idea so that made me feel good. I guess I am a team player after all. I just don't play well with certain people. Or maybe its certain people don't play well with others.

I cannot believe I almost forgot Monday was St. Paddy's day! I had bought Rhett a kelly green t-shirt to wear for the day while I had on red, white & blue. I had to become a quick change artist and don my greenery. Yesterday marked my 7th year at my current job, but I made no mention of it to anyone.

The office supply order I placed after 4 on Friday (on purpose)arrived, but I really didn't want to open it because all of the things the "supervisor" requested were not in it. I did not want to hear any flack from her and believe me there would have been some and more. I guess I was gearing up for her and was not so nice to a counselor who I apologized to later, but he didn't notice and said he understood.

My left hip started hurting the worst it has ever hurt. The pain seemed to be shooting down my leg causing it to hurt down to my foot. I took 3 Alleve and it was gone by the time I starting cooking supper. It made me feel like an old lady with Arthur and the fact that I no longer go out and drink green beer. My pain level was so bad I wanted to cry and just crawl in bed. I made sloppy joes and Rhett helped. Rhett ate good and we watched tv. I discovered my husband doesn't like sloppy joes and I make really good ones using only ketchup and McCormick mix.

Today I was "mad as a wet hen" as my mom would say. I am so sick of being told one thing then it changes the next at work. People go back on their word almost faster than they change underwear! I handled things in a manner so I would not be berated or verbally abused by the "supervisor". I told her to see her supervisor. Then they let her have her way as they always do. I should be used to it by now. She gets her supplies or at least it looked that way before I left early for a meeting at Rhett's school about his report card. He made All A's. YEAH!

I told one of the ladies I once read a book entitled "Men in Kilts" which wasn't that good because the female character got on my nerves. I said I should write a book called "Men With No Backbones" because that is exactly how I felt today.

When I stepped outside into the sunshine and windiness, I felt like screaming to get all my anger and frustrations out. I refrained, but growled, shook my head as if I was really angry. Now I wish I had not acted so childish because the "supervisor" was sitting in her car about to pull out for lunch. If she saw this, she would have thought it was because of her but it was not. It was because of the men with no backbones. I ended up driving behind her. I couldn't reach my mom on my cell phone so I called work to tell one of the ladies I was behind her and if she went to subway.... I just could not stand in line with her and have a conversation. Of course she would do all the talking anyway.

Luckily she went in a different direction so I got to get my free cold cut from Subway. Of course they charged me a $1.07 for the extra meat. I did not feel like making a fuss and taking it out of someone else, but I did feel like emailing the manager since he'd told me on the phone I could have a free meal yet they mailed me two free 6" coupons. I know I should be just thankful I got a free sandwich for having a ham bone in my sandwich a few months back. The sandwich was really good and I was hoping I wouldn't get indigestion.

The "Supervisor's" list of supplies was lost, but not by me so I had to ask her for another one which I did not want to do because I did not want to her her mouth. She started talking and I just walked out of her office. I'd asked for the list. It was up to her to give it to me if she really wanted the items. She said she got the TWO boxes of legal sized file folders that I had ordered. One of those was for someone else. That just shows how hoggish she is. It also meant I had to order more of them.

I turned in all my reports and yet ANOTHER office supply order to my big boss that will come out of another fund and not the office supply fund before departing for Rhett's school. My appointment was not til 3:30 so we had time to go to a nearby store and get him a cold drink. Afterwards I paid a bill. We went to Mom's. I watched "General Hospital" while he did his homework. I pulled out pieces of magazines cuttings I'd cut out prior at mom's. I put some together, but had no background paper for it. I put all the pieces in a baggie to work on at home later tonight so I am excited about it and looking forward to doing that... I know I will able to add more like pieces to it. I already have the title because it will be in the center of the piece... "Have You Seen Me?"

It is funny when I got home and told Don about today, the words that came out of his mouth was this question... "Don't these men have any backbone?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.