Wednesday, March 12, 2008

H is for....

My parent's house I drew around 1987.

Holey Moley! Bet no one has this one of Hexion!

or Hi balls
VS.

holiness.
Hi! How are you? Hope you are doing well today on this ABC Wednesday H is... for day. Are you hale and hearty? Hunting for H words was harder than I thought they would be. Happily I was able to find some of them as you can see. My first thought was of hearth and home. I do not have a current photo of our house nor did I dig up some old ones taken the old fashioned way. I do have a photograph of my parent's home I drew in charcoal back around 1987. I still consider it my home away from home. A haven I can always go to. I can always go back home. This is one piece of art I am extremely proud of. It is a heirloom that will be passed down to my son. He will remember his days spent here with his grandparents.
I took a photo of my hand, but I didn't like it. It did not look like my hand without any painted nails. It looked haggish to me. Sort of like when I have a bad hair day. Hee hee. I pass by the Hexion sign sometimes four times a day going back and forth to work and to lunch. I am nor sure what type of business it is in case you are wondering...
On Saturday Rhett and I went out into the sunshine after the snow flurries stopped. We drove to Backyard Burgers only to find them closed much to my disappointment. So we headed to Logan's Roadhouse instead. Our booth was across from the bar with this Hi Ball neon sign. I took it in a hurry because I did not want to get the bartender in the shot so it came out a bit blurry. I apologize. I wasn't exactly thrilled about taking a photo of it because... 1.) I did not want people to think I was a hi ball drinker. 2.) I am not condemning or condoning drinking here. Still I thought it was a differently unique H.
Then on Sunday between Sunday school and the church service, I got this idea... I took the Holy Bible and placed the hymn book over it opened to the hymn "Higher Ground". I could have gotten excessively extreme and placed another hymn book on top of those with it opened to the hymns "How Great Thou Art" or "Holy, Holy, Holy", but I didn't go there. I did not want to appear holier than thou. Are you humming these hymns now? Hmmm?
Then I thought maybe the good Lord had His almighty hand in my choices for this H post. Hi balls vs. the holy indeed kept haunting me throughout the week. Good vs. evil. Hopefully good over bad. We all have to make choices. We hope they are all the right ones. I am not trying to be high and mighty here. Just taking the high road and feeling rather good about it. Also I tried to take a photo of a new place called Higher Ground, but the photo did not meet my own high expectations so I nixed it.
This morning I was behind a truck that had these words "'How's my driving?" on it as a lot of trucks do these days. I passed Hilyer Drive, but did not want to do street signs again. I had also thought of taking a photo of honey and horseradish on the supermarket shelves, but kept forgetting. I could have photographed the hamburger I cooked last night. I had thought about heroes in my life, but mine would be my Daddy or Don and I have already used their photos.
Hope you had a great day full of hope and happiness. Wishing you a happily-ever-aftering. ~theRAV~
If you would like to participate in ABC Wednesday, please go to: http://mrsnesbittsplace.blogspot.com/
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

imac said...

Mighty fine H post - with all your info and photos is great.

Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Great post and wow you drew that house that is amazing.

Paulie said...

Lots of wonderful H photos! Love your house drawing!

Andrea said...

Great post and great choice of H photos.

Alan said...

Boy that is a lot of H's... :)

Janet said...

That's a lot of H's!! I like the picture you drew of the house.

mrsnesbitt said...

Yes we have lorries driving round with similar comments re their driving over here!

Anne-Berit said...

Many good choices for the letter H.Have a nice day:o)

Pernille said...

Very nice photos for the letter H! Love the house:)
Have a nice day:)

Dragonstar said...

So may "H" words - too many to count!

Jan said...

Great H post. Nice photos, but come on, I'm sure you hand was lovely.

becky aka theRAV said...

Once again thanks for all your kind comments. Glad you all liked my house drawing. Jan, I have since painted my nails a dark brown which I will probably remove before the night is over!

Neva said...

You are very creative....I could barely think of one "H" and then I see your post....too fun.