Wednesday, October 29, 2008

O is for... Pumpkin orange

 


Oh, I love this time of year. The cooler tempertures instead of the intense summer heat of Georgia and Alabama. Oh, and the fall colors. Oh, the changing leaves on the trees as well as the ones I found on the ground. Especially those leaves with faces or shapes. Oh, I like wearing fall colors too and try to wear them as much as I have on hand in my closet; as much as possible during this short season. Oh, yes, I have really been enjoying this time of year trying to capture it in my photography. So I thought it was only befitting that I picked as my O is for... post to be O is for... pumpkin orange which is my favorite orange color.

Oh, now I was going to use a painted pumpkin face I snapped at Publix last week because it was orange, but it was not the right shade of pumpkin for pickie me. I could have used last year's pumpkins which I used in my second postcard swap. That one is one of my alltime favorite photos. Or I could have used a new grouping of pumpkins I shot recently that is very photoworthy. One I can see matted and framed....

When I got inside work, I saw one of my resin pumpkins sitting on my desk. Whenever I see them, I am reminded that when it is not the Halloween season, someone would turn them backwards. The culprit told on himself one day because he told me I was supposed to turn them around after Halloween. Never heard of such rubbish. I am not superstitious about pumpkins. Of course I posed this one to take this shot and was well pleased with my choice as well as the results. Hope you are as pleased as I am.

I had to cancel Rhett's orthodontist appointment today so it wouldn't interfere with his drama class we pay for him to attend.

On my ride home last night, I thought of when we celebrate Thanksgiving at our oldest daughter's house, how we all form a circle before we eat and pray to say one thing that we are thankful for that year. I thought of what I want to say this year. I want to tell them all that I am thankful they are my family. Just the thought of it brought tears to my eyes then and even now.

Orange you glad yo read this now? If you would like to participate in your own O is for... ABC Wednesday, please go to the following....
http://abcwednesdayround3.blogspot.com/

http://quoththerav3.blogspot.com/
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Dragonstar said...

Pumpkin Orange is a great colour Becky, and this is a lovely post.

Bear Naked said...

Hello Becky
I see we have the same love of pumpkin orange colour.
Most of my clothing is in the autumn shades also.
I never heard of that superstision before, perhaps he made it up.

Bear((( )))

Anonymous said...

I am a red and yellow person, merged they make a very red orange but more often I think of each colour running into the other and retaining their purity.
You have written a good 'O' post.

becky aka theRAV said...

Yes, Dragonstar, I think it is a great color also. Thanks. Bare Naked, I saw we both had pumpkin posts. Great minds thinking alike. Most of my clothes lean more towards the pastels but I do have a few fall clothing. I think the man made that up too. Maybe my pumpkins scared him. LOL I loved your description Aileni. Thank you. Thank you all for stopping by & commenting.

Michele said...

Oh... what a toothy grin that Mr. Pumpkin Orange has... delightful!! Made me smile! =)
I love it!!!

PERBS said...

Your pumpkin gets the prize for the biggest smile! I like the green contrast on top. . . Never heard of turning a pumpkin around when its not Halloween but then I never herd of keeping carved ones around past Halloween either. They are great for Harvest tie/Thanksgiving when not carved. . .

Katney said...

Pumpkin is a very particular color of orange. I agree, we must be precise.

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi Michelle or Rocky Mt. Girl! Thank you. SO glad I could make you smile. Glad you love it! Thanks Paulie for saying he gets the prize. I liked the green contrast too esp since I have it sitting by my printer where i can see it up close. I'd never heard of turning them around either. I firmly agree with you Katney.