Friday, October 3, 2008

Last Friday's Sky Watch Photos

 

 


These were the photos I took last Friday evening as Rhett & I were waiting for Don to meet us for supper at Country's on Broad, our favorite barbecue place. I knew I wanted to get the water flowing from the fountain and I took it at an odd angle as you can see for yourself.... I guess I am just odd which is why I love Odd Shot Monday so much now. You can sort of see the setting sun behind the water's flow which I thought added a nice effect.

Then I focused on the sunset itself. The sky was all baby blue hues and pretty pink cotton candy colors yet once I snapped the shutter, it was all golden much like my last week's Sky Watch photos.

I seem to be on a golden roll. LOL I had another golden one I was going to use, but decided to save it for next week since these two were in sequence.

If you would like to participate in Sky Watch Friday, please go to the following...
http://skyley.blogspot.com/

Hope you have another golden weekend.
~theRAV~
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Very enjoyable photographs. I like angle shots, gives it another dimension.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you, Denise. I liked your comment.

Carver said...

I must be odd too because I love the one with the water from the fountain. I like the second one too but there is something about the first one that grabs me.

Carletta said...

Love the shot of the water! Sometimes different angles are good.
Your golden sky is beautiful!

Sorry I haven't been around - I've had migraines for over a week. Wasn't sure I could get through all the Sky Watch comments but I had to post. :)

Tootie said...

I really like the photo through the falling water! Great idea!

Rose said...

I do love that golden sky--it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I'm drawn to the one with water falling also. It is different and you must look through the water to see the sky and that sky is as nice as the water- terrific shots!

becky aka theRAV said...

WOW! what great comments from all of you. Well, I am glad the 1st one grabbed you Carver! LOL Hi Carletta! Glad you liked the 1st one too. Yes, I agree with you about the different angles so maybe I will do more of them. I think the golden one is beautiful also. Sorry you had a migraine. hope you are feeling better soon. I am glad you had to post on mine. That made me feel good. Thanks Tootie & Rose. I liked your way of putting it, Lisak.

becky aka theRAV said...

Rose, I couldn't comment on your blog but you had some beautiful sunsets even if you were going 60 mph!

SandyCarlson said...

I do like your golden roll and count myself blessed to share in your view of the world.

Mary said...

Both are really pretty. I like the second one the best!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you so much Sandy! What a sweet thing to say. Also thanks Mary Huges. Glad you liked the 2nd one.

Dewdrop said...

I think it's good to take a look from different angles. Great shots!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, dewdrop. Me too.

PERBS said...

OH! I really like that one with the flowing water and sunset! Very unique! Catching up. . .

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Paulie. I am glad you really liked these. I could tell. That meant a lot.