Wednesday, October 15, 2008

M is for Manikin

 
Posted by Picasa


My first thought for an M is for... was my mom. But I think I have used her photo before. She went to the dr yesterday and she said they drained her of all her blood! LOL Then she had to eat something. She did not look well when I picked Rhett up yesterday after work. I kept watching her mouth to make sure she had not had a stroke. It was the way she was lying on her bed as we talked.

Today I almost did not feel like participating in ABC Wednesday. I had a sore throat. I let Illy Nilly spoil my mood which I know I should not let happen. She has threatened to file unfair treament now. Later she was blasting out some poor operator at a company she ordered something from, but sent back. She is never happy or satisfied. She was so loud this time I turned up Michael Bubble LOUD to drown her out. I felt like my face was breaking out in a rash and itching. Funny it ceased once she left.

Today I recalled another good memory... I had a friend named Irene who lived in Tallahassee, Florida. We met through "Tiger Beat" magazine where I asked for Osmond pen pals and boy did I get pen pals! Be careful what you ask for.... Our poor postman did not know what to think of all the mail I received daily. Irene's grandmother lived near me. So when Irene came to visit her, we would get together dreaming of the day we would marry an Osmond. It was Jay of her & Donny for me.

Every Saturday that Irene was in town, I was invited for the most delicious trully southern lunches of fried chicken, salads with homemade thousand island dressing and other mouth-watering veggies. Our rolls and corn bread were placed on their own saucer or silver plate. Her grandmother was Momma King who could never get my name right. She always called me "Betty Sue" to Irene's irritation. Irene would get so mad at her and yell at her which I did not like one bit. I would say it was alright and answer to it because she was an elderly lady. I was raised to be respectful of my elders. When I would call and Momma King would answer the phone, I would say, "This is Betty Sue..." so she would know who I was. I can still taste that good food today...

Irene became a Mormon, married a Libertarian and had lots of really heafty sized kids. All look like her except for one son. I get a yearly Christmas letter from them telling what all they did during the year which usually makes me exhausted when I finish it!

Then later I got back in the mood to do this post probaby because of that good memory. I quickly went into Picasa and said I would pick the first photo I had that began with an M and this is it... a manikin I saw at Dilliard's not long ago. There was just something about her... I liked her face, thinking I might could draw/paint her. She reminds me a bit of Grace Kelly only Grace had better hair.

From mommas to manikins. Not sure what it means - if anything. What was you M today? If you would like to participate in ABC Wednesday, please go to the following...
http://wednesdayabc.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Bear Naked said...

Hmmm
Sounds to me like it is a MOODY Wednesday for you on ABC Wednesday Letter M.

Bear((( )))

PERBS said...

Ahh, MEMORIES!

becky aka theRAV said...

"Moody" was a great word choice, Bear Naked. LOL I had not thought of that. Yes, indeed, Paulie, "Ahh, memories...!" I sort of thought the update on Irene sounded almost like one of David's limmericks. LOL

Dragonstar said...

Fascinating "M" post Becky. You've covered a lot of ground.

kml said...

That is quite a collection of m's. Hope your Mom is feeling better.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Dragonstar. Yes, KML my mom is feeling better. Thanks for asking.