Friday, October 10, 2008

3 Faces of Leave

 

 

 


Today I found this leaf upon the sidewalk as I was walking back inside work with my lunch in hand. At first glance, it was sort of odd which is probably why it caught my eye. I carefully carried it inside, showed it to one of my co-workers who knew I was going to take a picture of it. Now why would she know that? I told her it was imperfect much like we are, but there is beauty in it's imperfection. First, I placed it on orange card stock paper since this is fall after all. The second photo was on my mouse pad which is maroon and matches the decor of the office. After I shot the two, I left it alone on my desk while I did some work. Hours later, I noticed it had changed by curling up so it did not sit as well as it did in the first two photos. It made me realize how much things can change in a matter of moments. Because it was curled differently and wouldn't sit as well, I taped it to my black printer and snapped it hanging there. I know I should have used invisibile tape, but I did not have any on hand. After having uploaded the three photos, I probably should have cropped the last one more to rid it of the tape and may still do it. It looks more haggish or witchy which is perfect for this time of the year. It would have made a great Odd Shot also. The whole time I kept thinking of the caption "3 Faces of Leave" and it kept repeating in my head so strongly I knew it had to be it's own post. The title reminded me of David McMahon of Authorblog at:
http://david-mcmahon.blogspot.com/
David, hope you don't mind I borrowed your sense of humor with the title here. I promise to return it you.

Happy Fall ya'll!

copyright ~theRAV~

.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Jo said...

Becky, this photo is gorgeous! I love to do little paintings of autumn leaves too. Beautiful aren't they?

I just read your post about your BWS. Omigosh! It sounds as if she has some very, very(!!!) serious mental problems, and they are finally going to be addressed by the proper authorities, i.e., HR. Please keep us posted.

It has been unbelievable for you, hasn't it??? Holy Toledo!

Cheers,
Josie

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi Jo! Glad you liked this photo. I guess my photo is my painting. I will keep you posted about my BWS. Yes, it has been unbelievable. Holy Toledo is right! LOL. Thanks for stopping by & commenting during your holiday weekend.

Dragonstar said...

What a fantastic find! I love the face in this leaf.

PERBS said...

I like the orange the best --great title! Very interesting find. Definitely looks like a leaf skeleton if thre was such a thing!

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi Dragonstar! Yes, indeedy, it was a fantastic find. I love the face also. Hi Paulie! The orange was my 1st choice until I thought of the others but I think I like the black one best. I am on a roll with these leaves. I got inspired in church this morning which will be a post unto itself, went outside, gathered leaves & took photos. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

david mcmahon said...

Brilliant post title, and thanks for the shout-out!

dixymiss said...

These are great, Becky. Glad to see David had a chance to stop by and see them.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, David. You are very welcome for the shout-out. So glad you could stop by & read it. That made my day. Thank you DiXymiss. I am glad David could stop by also.

Cath said...

Isn't nature just wonderful? Beautiful?
The leaf may look imperfect (agreed) but it is absolutely perfect for what it is made.
Nature is just perfect.

Great post. Great shots. Over from David's.

Meg Wolff said...

This was a really cool post. Loved the 3 Faces of Leave ... each so unique. You are so right about things changing quickly. I had never though about that.

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi CrazyCath. Welcome from David's blog. Yes, nature is wonderful & beautiful. Thanks for stopping by & commenting. Thank you Meg. Glad you liked it & I gave you a new thought.

Diane said...

Becky, i think David took it as a compliment~as all good writers would =)

becky aka theRAV said...

Yes, Diane I think David did take it as a compliment as it was meant.
Thanks for stopping by & commenting.