Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday 10/16/08

This week I am thankful for my smart ten year old son because another one of my bracelets broke or so I thought. It wouldn't remain fastened. He kept asking me to let him see it but I was thinking a ten year old couldn't possibly know anything about a braclet. Wrong because he fixed it for me! I will never doubt him again. I thanked him and he said I owed him a dollar.

I am thankful for all my clothes. I mixed up old ones to make new outfits and a new fall one. I am proud I haven't bought anything new for myself lately except for a raven t-shirt I got at Walmart for $3.00 which I couldn't beat with a stick.

I am so thankful my best friend Penny got back good news from her recent MRI. No more cancer! Thank the good Lord. The first lump she found shrank after prayers. Such a God thing. The second one she found later was nothing at all.

I am thankful for my parents and the fact that they are still in good health whereas some of my friend's parents are having or have had health problems lately. Specifically my other best friend Genie's mom. Polly's daddy Buddy.

I am thankful for the good visit I had with my Uncle Frank on Monday, Columbus Day when I was off. He seemed really good except for repeating himself one time and wanting to go get the mail on the holiday. Even I forget the mail doesn't run on a holiday. He had an appointment in Birmingham where he had more x-rays and other run of the mill tests that totally exhausted him. Next Thursday they will perform another brain surgery. Our worst fear was that his aggressive form of cancer had spread again. They will implant the chemo directly where the cancer is located hoping this will be more helpful to him since he wasn't tolerating taking it orally. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you.

Thank you Lord for letting me be the person that I am... the kind of person who doesn't take my uncle's illness out on others especially my co-workers.

I am thankful I found a new female hormone doctor this week, hoping what she prescribed will work and the fact that I only paid $16 at Walmart for 3 meds whereas I used to pay a small fortune. We are going to stop using the local neighborhood family pharmacy we have been using which has been charging us exhorbant fees.

I am thankful my word muse visited me today even if my art muse has disappeared to parts unknown. I have written some prose to be posted later...

I am thankful my son talks to me about his problems and hope that he always will...

I am thankful for this day and what it will always mean to me personally.

What do you have to be thankful for today? If you would like to partipate in Thankful Thursday, please go to the following....
http://www.eph2810.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much to be thankful for this week! God is good!!

Denise said...

Praise God that your friend is free of cancer, and so glad that your parents are in good health. I love you my friend.

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi Lori! Welcome! Yes, that is so true. Yes, Denise we are praising God that Penny is cancer free & glad my parents are in good health. Hope your health remains good. Love you too. Thanks for stopping by & commenting.