Friday, October 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday 10/23/08

Okay I had a very busy day and could not post yesterday but here goes...

Saturday I was thankful I got to sleep until noon! I had taken some OTC sinus medication, but my mom says I must have needed the rest. Mothers are right, yeah, they are.

I think had forgotten to blog about my new excitement.... Sunday I was very thankful in church when I saw a photo I had taken of some roses with a soft focus view from Picasa up on the screens. Instantly I knew they were mine. I asked Rhett if he recognized them and he did. Later I nudged Don to tell him they were mine. This was during the announcements. During the sermon, one of my many sunsets was displayed. But the candles on my cake was the fact that Darren gave me credit for them. I turned around to thank him with near tears in my eyes because I wasn't expecting recognition. I told him that he made my day. It is nice to know my photos are being used for the Lord.

I am thankful we finished Rhett's poster for a yearly school project. I am so impressed with his ideas and visions. His draft was awesome. At nearly the 9th hour, we couldn't find my favorite paint brushes I have had since my art classes in college. Rhett remembered seeing some "brushes" in the bathroom. I made him show me what he was referring to and I thought thoses were the ones he meant. When I participated in a secret pal thing when I worked downtown, I received a ceramic baby blue elephant holding matching make-up brushes. We had to improvise and used them to paint the sky blue on his poster. I love improvising. I love the fact I can use something that is meant for one thing as something else. I am thankful I am able to do this. These brushes actually worked quite well so I may use them again in the near future. At least we will know exactly where they are. LOL So I was thankful for these brushes we re-found. Otherwise there was no telling how bad the poster might have looked.

I was thankful for the blackberry cobbler I cooked on Tuesday. I am sure my guys were equally thankful too. They probably thought they were in the wrong house. We all had seconds. They had milk with their's while I had good ole Cool Whip. Nothing lifts your spirits like a spoonful of Cool Whip. Or two. Or three!

Thursday I was so very thankful my Uncle Frank went through his second brain surgery this year okay. They implanted the chemo directly to the cancer site. Hopefully he will be able to tolerate this better than he could orally.

I am thankful for my busy life. I had an Artists' Guild meeting on the bad side of town last night. My Daddy went with Rhett and I to it. I am thankful we found a parking place and did not have to park across a four-lane street in the rain. Hope Daddy doesn't catch a cold from being out in a cold library and the cool night's rain. I am thankful he can still be our protector.

I am thankful for the photos I was given by a fellow memember who took pictures at the art show. He took one after I won the People's Choice award and I was standing there with my friend David, who I had not seen in years. I was kicking myself the next day because I did not have Jimmy take a pic of me with David. Now I have one and I am so thankful. I am going to make copies and send him one in his Halloween card.

Today I am thankful I got an personal email from Lyn Neilson who wrote the book "Place of Sage." I actually got an email from a published, successful writer. Little ole me. It made my day today. I shared it with my best friend Penny who knows Lyn and gave me Lyn's book. Lyn gave me tips to try to put her book on my blog which I will try to do this weekend.

I thought I almost lost this post so I am very thankful I did not!

What were you thankful for today? If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please go to the following...
http://eph2810.com/

What color should you be?




You Need Some Orange in Your Life



Orange will make you feel open, lively, and artistic.

And with a little orange, you will project an aura of friendliness.

If you want bolder experiences, you've got to get a little orange in your life!



For extra punch: Combine orange with red or yellow



The downside of orange: It's too powerful and unusual for some people to deal with



The consequences of more orange in your life:



You will become more creative in almost every aspect of your life

You will find humor in the most serious and dismal situations

You will feel like life is exciting, even when you're doing ordinary things



I am sorry orange is NOT one of my colors but I have been wanting to buy some pumpkin colored tops lately. So I will try to do something artistic with this color this weekend.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Such wonderful things to be thankful for dear one, bless you.

PERBS said...

Nice list!

I am thankful jury duty is over.

I am thankful we have had nice weather for fall -- 60 and above.

I am thankful my friend is free from the pain of cancer and with the Lord.

and a million or so other things. . . including being able to read your blog and find out interesting stuff.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Denise you are so right. Bless you too. Thanks Paulie. I like your list too. Sorry about your friend. Thanks especially for the last comment. I had no idea my blog was interesting.