Friday, October 24, 2008

The Fog

 

 

 


Living in Georgia, fog is indeed a rarity around here, but it did occur this earlier week. So this could have been an Odd Shot , but I decided to use it as my Sky Watch instead. As I was nearing one of the older bridges crossing the Chattahoochee River, the fog was so dense I could barely see in front of me. I felt like I was in England. I, of course grabbed my faithful camera I now keep beside me in the car on my commute to work. I quickly snapped these these ole foggies. In the second shot is an old, old building older than me that now sticks out like an eye sore in comparison to the newer structure behind it. It has been many things in it's life time and mine. In one of it's many reincarations, it was a bank, pet store and a game room. It once had beautiful architecture, but some of that has fallen away. Yet it stands like a empty vessel or sentinal and may remain so beyond my lifetime at this rate. I have heard the stubborn owner refuses to sell it which is his right. I liked the goldenness of the fog in the last photo.

Hope you have a great Sky Watch weekend. It poured here last night and this morning so it is still gloomy outside unlike me on the inside. If you would like to participate in Sky Watch, please go to the following...
http://skyley.blogspot.com/
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Guy D said...

Wow great shots. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

Regina In Pictures

PeacefulChaos said...

I love the last shot!

Coloradolady said...

Nice fog shots....I have always been afraid of the fog...I know I am strange. The last photo is really amazing. Happy SWF.

PERBS said...

We had a lot of fog a week or so ago each morning. Now, we are back to sunny weather and in the low 60's. For shots are neat because it makes things mysterious. Think I caught up leaving comments below.

Anonymous said...

Thanks migs. Cheers back to you. I like the last shot too, Peacefulchoas. Thanks Coloradolady. I wasn't afraid of this fog. Had I been out on an inter-state, I probably would have felt differently. I knew once I got beyond the river, it would disappear. Yes, Paulie I think this mysterious fog was perfect for this time of year. Thanks all for stopping by & commenting.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is... the fact that I cannot sign in on my own blog. I have to sign in differently to finally get it to work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks migs. Cheers back to you. I like the last shot too, Peacefulchoas. Thanks Coloradolady. I wasn't afraid of this fog. Had I been out on an inter-state, I probably would have felt differently. I knew once I got beyond the river, it would disappear. Yes, Paulie I think this mysterious fog was perfect for this time of year. Thanks all for stopping by & commenting.

Jo said...

Becky, that last photograph is SPECTACULAR!!! It is better than most of the photographs I see on the blogs.

I just had a chance to read your story "The Inking". I could relate. The muse does leave us occasionaly, doesn't it? I have never done stamping. I should try sometime.

becky aka theRAV said...

Well, gee thanks, Jo! I am so glad you like the last photo. Thanks for saying it is one of the best you have seen on a blog. That made my day today when I read your comment. Yes, you should try stamping. I think you will find it addicting.