Friday, August 24, 2007

"A Week's Worth of Words"

Saw two dragonflies at one time.
Dragonflies seen almost daily; Dragonflies everywhere.
Earlier this week I picked up a black stamp pad
My nailed etched a black heart in the plastic part underneath.
Does that mean I have a black heart? Hardly!
It's probably pink and pumping hot pink blood;
a shade of pink far darker than watered-down pink lemonade.
Today perhaps it's blue....
because I'm wearing blue
and the dye has seeped through my skin into my veins.
I'm a blue blood.

Some days this week I just didn't feel like blog writing
Hard to top my last entry.
Read other blogs instead
Caught up in the soap operas of their daily lives
Living vicariously through them now
as I have always done with my friend's lives all these years.
Waiting on their daily words like daily bread
Who waits for mine?

I realized as I went back to yesterday
to my old now defunct blog,
I have been a blogger for over a year now.
Without re-reading EVERY word, I know I have improved in my style.
I approve of my style (s).
I am thankful for my words; for my blog, my friends, etc.
Just felt the need to acknowledge my blogging anniversary
without a BIG celebration.
Another milestone in my life.

This week I'm back to reading instead of playing Book Worm
I'm reading High Stakes, a vamp novel by Erin McCarthy which I almost devoured.
My recent attempts at postcard creations haven't panned out as planned;
as well I hoped or envisioned....
That doesn't mean I will stop making; stop creating.
Never stop creating art.
I have a painting idea I want to try next...
I am leaning toward two postcards to send out in my swap
One an abstract, one brown
Two very much unlike me.
Recognized repeating patterns in my work.
Yesterday I was inspired by browsing through Utata photos.
Recognized Susannah's work before I saw her name "unraveling"
Couldn't get back into the same exact place in the site today.
Was I only meant to find it yesterday to inspire me
To take a snapshot of my Daddy's tie I gave him for a birthday or Christmas?
Love the v patterns in it.
I am really into patterns now.
Found a really good quote (see below...)
Shredded blue words.
Shredded my blues?
~THE RAV~

Quote of the Day:

Do it I say.
Whatever you want to do,
do it now!
There are only so many tomorrows.
-Michael Landon, actor

Never stop creating art. ~Becky Bristow Voyles~

No comments: