Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Collage Given, Too much Blogging

Sunday, Aug. 12, 2007, I made a bananna pudding with the banannas given to me from work on Friday for dinner at church. First one I've made in a long, long time. Don made a comment that I should have made something else and left that at home!

We brought in the collage for the family that will be leaving soon. I laid it upon the same table it was conceived; one of the tables in the kitchen area, left a pen for signatures, but I should have been standing over it supervising it like a mother hen. I say this because some of the teenagers signed it in the margin area rather than inside the collage itself as I had intended to fill the empty spaces. The visiting gospel preacher had just had a class on how sometimes you just have to shake off whatever life throws at you and go on. Never had to apply words so fast in my life. Then the collage was moved to one of the classrooms so we could have our fellowship meal. I presented it to the families. The presentation was not how I envisioned it... but then few things in life turn out the way we picture an ending. But it is done. Its time to move on... onto my postcard swap! I am very excited.

After we got home from I'd received another email from Susannah of inkonmyfingers with the list of whom I am to send postcards. I spent the next five hours reading blogs to get a feel for the person, took notes and formed new ideas. I read til my eyeballs were ready to fall out!

My parents had rode with my Aunt P and Uncle B to see my mom's sister in Montgomery, Alabama. It was also supposed to be a family reunion on my Daddy's side of the family. Don & I had discussed it last night. I hate we missed it. Now I think mom wishes she'd gone to it instead of her sister's. She has said "Never again!", but she's said that before.

We went back to church. Came home & I read more blogs until I read the last one. Missed the "Dead Zone". My eyes were really bothering me before I went to bed, but it was worth the discomfort.

I do everything in excess and do not know when to stop.

No comments: