Friday, August 10, 2007

I went to California today....

Rhett started the 4th grade yesterday which is hard to believe. There was a long line to get into the school which always seems as if it is halfway to the highway on the first day of school. I told him, he might be late as we were waiting to pull up to the stop sign. He told me I could just drop him off. When he said that, I knew he was growing up on me. Once we were able to get in the drop off lane, it was a breeze shooting in since the other cars were parking on the grass to take in school supplies and meet teachers. Did they not do so beforehand as we did? So glad we were not one of them. When he got out of the car, he didn't even say goodbye, or want a kiss, blow me one or do our air hug ritual. My baby is growing up on me.

Genie remembered it was his first day. I sent him an email about his first day of the 4th grade. He had 2 replys from 2 of his former teachers he doesn't know about yet. It will be a nice surprise for him when he opens his mail this weekend.

He said he got very hot yesterday at school. My mom suggested I volunteer to donate a fan to his class. He made a new friend named Jesus and they have a lot in common. They both like "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" as well as other things. He did not go to lunch until 1 & was starving. His PE is in the afternoon which he doesn't like at all. I wouldn't either.

Well, I can no longer eat Chick-Fil-A sandwiches! Last night was the final straw. I'd gotten nuggets this time, but still started feeling yucky and had to go to bed early which was probably a good thing since Rhett doesn't want to go to bed now. So NO more Chick-Fil-A's for me!

Before going to bed, I refound what may be the perfect cover for my 1st postcard swap with Susannah of Ink on my Fingers. It was something I did back in 2004. I can make color copies of it and also make a page to sell on etsy. I may add a few touches to it. Of course I will still make new ones. I plan to do this over the weekend.

Today I went to California... Gil, a co-worker and friend had recently taken a motorcycle trip to the coast and he had a cd full of pictures. He had some of Santa Monica pier which brought back memories. The road he took near Trinidad and it's view reminded me of China Man's Hat in Hawaii. Seeing them made me want to go somewhere beautiful and picture worthy of my new digital camera. I shared this with Genie today since most of my travels to places such as these have included her.

Also I told her I am thankful for all the memories we have of the places we have been to together. Ah, memories... may we always have them and never forget them.

Got lots of running around to do after work. Pay Don's truck payment, drug store, pay a bill, etc and make a bannana pudding when I get home all before "Ella Enchanted" comes on tonight. Don will think he is in the wrong house when he sees the pudding! I have already broken into the vanilla wafer box. Haven't had any of those in awhile so I am justifying it.

It was a pissing contest at work over blaring black gospel & Michael Buble. I think Michael won in my book.

No comments: