Thursday, August 16, 2007

Muffin Morning

I am leaving out the bad parts of yesteday evening concerning my flat tire.

It was muffin morning at Rhett's school. His principal hugged me and thanked me for coming which made me feel good. I saw an old co-worker there . I think her grandson is in Rhett's class. There really was no need for me to take half the morning off for it. I already know how to raise my child which was what the meeting was basically about. It just reinforced things I alreay know like praising your child. Afterwards we were allowed to go say "hi" to our children in their classrooms. I think Rhett must have forgotten about it because he paled when he saw me. I spoke briefly with his teacher and him.

I went home, painted my nails and toe nails a second coat of Frankly Scarlett before I went to eat lunch at the Royal Cafe where the food Nazis work. I was giving myself plenty of time because they are s-o s-l-o-w. It took over 20 mins to get my food. I was observing time and the order which it was dispersed as I played Bookworm, trying to see if they are indeed prejudice against me as I felt the last coupe of times I tried to eat there. I learned you get an extra corn muffin if you get it to go. Not that I needed one.

A nice looking elderly lady with beautiful alabaster skin was looking around for a place to sit. She looked like she was about to ask me if she could sit with me when I invited her to join me. She had a book in hand so I knew she was good people. She was reading a Nora Roberts hardback. I began the conversation by saying, "So you're a reader too." She would read a bit then say something or ask a question. I don't think she had been here often but knew the food was good. It seems she works for a law firm. I thought she looked vaguely familiar. She lives in Seale. It was nice having someone to talk to.

As I was about to leave, we shook hands and introduced ourselves by first names only. Her name was Pat. Too bad I don't eat there often otherwise we might become friends, discuss and exchange books.

No comments: