Monday, August 27, 2007

First Postcard I Received from my Postcard Swap

On Friday, 8/24/07, I received THE funniest email from my friend Bob who has been diagnosed with high blood pressure - bless his heart. He said he can't have any more stress. He needs a stress-free job. When he finds, he needs to get me one also! Somehow I lost his funny email. I wanted to keep it to read later when I needed a good laugh, but I can't find it & he didn't save it. In it he just kept stressing the stress. If he didn't spend 15 hrs in the pool, he would stressed. Some of his friends took him too seriously about the email and called him to see if he was ok like he was at the end of his rope when he was just being funny. At least I understood his sense of humor and he seemed to appreciate that fact.

Today I took digital pictures of the designs in some of my clothes/blouses.

I came home to a wonderful unexpected surprise..... I received my 1st postcard from my postcard swap! It was beautiful and sent to me by Sylvia C. of http://www.sylvias-journal.blogspot.com/ It was about "Positive Energy". She included one of her original poems on the other side entitled "What a Poet Must Do". I won't print it here because I don't want to infringe on her copyright. Thanks Sylvia! It made my day.

I noticed the postcard had no postmark on it so I was wondering where Sylvia was located. I didn't bother to check my list. (Guess I would make a bad Santa!) Don was in the shower so I got on the computer and went to her blog. I'd visited it before through Susannah's blog. Sylvia is a very positive, upbeat person. These feelings show in her blog and her photography.

We went to Country's for dinner. There were some ladies from Australia sitting behind me. I wasn't intentionally eavesdropping, but when I heard their beautiful accents, I had to listen to their lilt. I took a picture of Rhett in the BIG rocking chair. I'll try to upload it later....When we came home, I watched "General Hospital" on Soapnet. Rick Springfield was singing on it.

I'd sneezed really hard at mom's earlier. Three hours later, I thought I had a lot of sinus drainage, but it was blood! It was scarey. Luckily it stopped but it still concerned me. Don had already gone to bed since he had to work the next day. This is the 2nd time that has happened in a short time. The 1st time I had acid reflux that projected up into my nostrils! I figured the acid must have burned enough to produce blood. If it happens again, I'll have it checked out or ask the nurse at work on Monday.

No comments: