Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Another Bad Restaurant Experience

On Saturday, Aug. 4th, I loaded the pictures from the new digital camera onto the computer. They are in the computer but our computer doesn't work properly so they are hanging in cyberspace. They only thing I know to do it put them on a disk and maybe send them from work since I can't send them as an email. I was disappointed but had expected this. Since this was a tax free weekend, I'd hoped we'd buy a laptop. To have our's cleaned up would probably cost as much as a new one.

I should be a food critic for the newspaper and get paid for it. At the last minute Rhett & I went to the newly opened Char-Broil. When I walked in to the heat, I should have known it was not going to be good. I know we arrived before 2:30 pm. When I asked for ice water, I had maybe 6 or 7 cubes in my glass that I knew wouldn't last in the heat. It took FOREVER for us to get our food & we were starving. If we had not been playing video games on his game boy, the bad side of me may have surfaced. One of the managerial woman, wearing a long sleeved shirt with their logo and the sleeves rolled up, came to say they were waiting on the fries. I thought they were waiting for the cows to come in. My friend Mike said they were coming from Bejing since that is where Char-Broil relocated. Of course when he wrote it, it was funnier. My burger had not condiments except for the ketchup on the table. So I had to wait for more ice and mayo. Anyone who really knows me knows I will not eat until I have everything I need before me. Well, it wasn't that great or maybe I am spoiled by Applebee's steaks. Rhett didn't eat all of his steak. When the bill arrived, it said it was put in their system at 2:31. Rhett said we got their at 2:37. I've learned he is usually right so I don't argue with him on these things or question him. It was 3:30 so we'd been there over an hour, most of that waiting. We would not be able to make the "Spiderman3" movie at 4. I am no Indy driver. We took his leftovers home for his Daddy who was working again on Saturday. Rhett was disappointed, but I let him buy a cheap game for his game boy after I paid a bill so he seemed content until he played it.

I emailed all of my local email buddies about our eating experience. One friend said I should send it to the local paper. Might be a foot in the door...

No comments: