Monday, April 7, 2008

The Old Me

 


While going through my uncle's photo albums, I came across this one photo my cousin Ben had of me and him. Ben is on the left. That is his friend Paul on the other side of me. I had a date with Paul to the fair once upon a time. I don't think the photo looks like me yet I love it. I can't get the image out of my mind now. It made me miss my long blonde hair, the young looking skin, the long, red nails since mine keep breaking now. I took a photo of it from Ben's album because I wanted to have a copy of the Poloroid. I sent it out to my closest friends. I only heard back from an aquaintance. He said that is the me he remembers. Can't wait to hear with my close friends say about it.

They all said that is the way they remember me. My friend Patti cracked me up by saying she couldn't find me because she couldn't get past the good looking guys!

P. S. I took this photo to Walmart. Ironically a man who works there was helping another lady with her old photos from the 70's. He decided to "help" me too. Normally I like to do this alone without help as I do everything, but I let him help me. He told the other lady of his years of experience with photography, but I was half-listening, concentrating on what I was doing. He was able to remove the white background so it looks more like an original now.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

imac said...

Yup. I see the same sparkle in the eyes.
Great photo.

love your art, I know because I married an Artist.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you, Imac. I think this is perhaps the best comment I have received. I am so glad you like my art. That made my day.