Monday, April 21, 2008

Window Dressing for Odd Shot Monday 4/21/08

 
Posted by Picasa


Bet you can't get what this is...!

We had a wonderful new experience Friday night... There was an Artist Walk downtown and we went to several galleries which I will post about tomorrow rather than have a really, really long, LONG post here. To make a long story short, we passed a night club called "Oxygen" on Broadway. This used to be an old department store with the large picture windows where they used to have displays back in the days when you went window shopping. So I am probably dating myself here. LOL I think it used to be the Kiddie Shoppe where my mom bought most of my clothes as a child. Then it was a Goodwill store. And now it is this night club with black tarp on the walls of the windows with female mannequinns in swimwear and signs saying something about "proper attire required" as if swimwear is appropriate to wear inside.

I figure you will never guess what it is so I will tell you... This was supposed to represent a campfire. It is a piece of ragged cloth in front of lights and fan blowing so it is moving like a flame. Only my digital camera stopped the movement. It looked cool and knew it would make a great odd shot. When I uploaded it to Picassa earlier in my busy day, it didn't look as good there. In fact, I was almost not going to use. I uploaded it just to see how it looked on the blog first before putting my words just in case. Believe it or not, I found yet another odd shot at lunchtime today. I am on a roll again and loving it!

If you would like to participate in Odd Shots Monday, please go to the following:
http://katneyskaboodle.blogspot.com/.
Her shot today just made me busrt out laughing (BOL) and smile after a hard day at work. Thanks for that, Katney.

4 comments:

JC said...

That's very cool... I was gonna guess some kind of fire, but fire didn't go with the surroundings, lol. Nice going!

dixymiss said...

You are on a roll! Glad you eXplained. I was going to guess smoke or fog, like from a bubbling cauldron. Cool (hot) shot. :-)

Katney said...

It almost looks like there are a couple of fiery figures in it. I'm glad not.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks for all your comments, Jc, Dixymiss & Katney.