Monday, April 14, 2008

Finger Tree

 


Well, I had to go search back for an old shot for today's Odd Shot. I first noticed these trees last year when they were cut back in early March or April. I took several photos with my Minolta because I thought they were odd even back then. I have seen them at several locations this spring. I took this one at night in the parking lot of Chick-Fil-A back when it was still cold. Previously I'd taken it before it was pruned, but never posted that particular photo because it wasn't one of my favorites. This one reminds me of long, thin fingers thus the title. I did re-take another odd one I thought would be a great odd shot ,but it still did not turn out to my liking so I went with this one. Too picky I suppose. Have you noticed a lot of my Odd Shots are of trees?

Since most of you Odd Shots folks participate in Sky Watch Friday, I add a post script to my Sky Watch post.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Now, this is an odd shot!

becky aka theRAV said...

WOW! Thanks, John!

dixymiss said...

Reminds me of the trees from the enchanted forest in the Wizard of Oz! I like trees too. :-)

Dragonstar said...

Lovely tree-fingers. And that shot is very moody.

Paulie said...

Looks like upside down rakes!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Look at all those fingers, hope they don't start grouping

Sharon said...

You did post an odd shot! I think the lighting adds to the oddness.

Katney said...

I was eyeing some cropped back trees yesterday, but they were simply ugly--yours are quite elegant and artistic as portrayed.

Andrea said...

Wow, this is a real good odd shot. Very unique.