Friday, February 2, 2007

Yesterday's Thoughts, Bound, and Warriors within us

Just too many thought in my head lately. Need to purge them like Professor Dumbledore did in the "Goblets of Fire" Harry Potter movie.

Yesterday after work, I went to CVS to buy another disposable black and white camera only they cost too much. Instead I bought wire bound notebooks. One pink. One pink with polka dots. One with pink stripes. Does this mean I am bound? Bound to write more? Remember Rebecca means "bound to". I paid more for these bound notebooks that I normally would, but see it as a wise investment in my writing future. No pressure to fill them at all as they are screaming out in my car, "Fill me! Fill me!"

I have written about my name on my other blogs so I won't repeat myself again and bore you. Just the other day I thought about if I could change my first name, what would I change it to? Garnett because garnets are my birthstone and are the only stone rings I wear now except for my diamond engagement ring, the ruby v-shaped ring Don gave me for Christmas one year and the garnet & emerald mother's ring Don & Rhett gave me for Valentine's years ago when Rhett was a baby. I am quite content with my garnets. (I don't have time to dig into the safe. We were robbed when Rhett was 6 months old.) Because I wear a lot of velvets in the winter, I thought of the name Velvet, but that one brings back old memories of another time better left in the past... What would you change your name to if you could?

Yesterday morning as I was rushing down Macon Road, I had flashbacks of flying to JCPenney's to go to work. Weird. Need to email all my JCP buds about that feeling. I'm sure it will bring back memories for them as well.

Yesterday I found THE perfect Valentine's card for D. I did not pick it because of the words inside. I can write far, far better than that. I picked it because of the black and white picture on the front. From the waist down, it looks like us. It looks like D sitting on a couch (not our's) in his jeans and white socked feet with who looks like me on sitting on his lap. Even her second toe nail is crooked looks like mine! The only thing that doesn't look like me is her fake fingernails. Everyone knows mine are real.

Now it seems all these people that know Don, that have worked with him in the past are calling him about working with them. They are two weeks too late. He is making more money where he is so he'll remain there.

Quotes of the Day:

Yesterday on Susannah of Ink on My Fingers' blog, were the words "the warrior within". So here is a warrior quote that came across my path today.... How were you a warrior today?

A warrior does not give up on what he loves;
he finds the love in what he does.
-Unknown-

Sometimes sweat is the best form of therapy. ~Samantha Dunn~

What are the chances of a cat starting a nuclear war? Pretty negligible. It's not that they can't; they just know that there are much better things to do with one's time. Like lie in the sun and sleep, or go exploring the world.
-Unknown-

We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment.
-George Eliot-

At your next meeting, give everyone a box of animal crackers. You'll be delighted with the smiles and comments.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

I don't want to end up simply having visited the world. ~Mary Oliver~

No comments: