Wednesday, February 21, 2007

JCPenney Retiree breakfast

Today I had my semi-annual JCPenney retiree breakfast. I knew when I saw empty parking places in the Shoney's lot, there would not be a room full of folks. Still it was good to see everyone as always. At least no one had died this time.

I am just grateful... that I have tact and don't ask people personal questions like if they have a "sugar Daddy". It brought tears to the lady's eyes because she felt compelled to admitt she is divorced after 33 years of marriage.

Late afternoon I had to take Rhett to the Ortho. His teeth have shifted nicely to where they should be. He may not have to wear the braces as long as they anticipated. Of course now he wants them! His orthodontist said he could keep them on until he is 32. I told him his Daddy might not like that too well. He laughed and said, "Oh, we wouldn't charge him." Yeah. Right.

Rhett got 2 games for being so good this time & because they were so cheap. One had 3 games in one. One of them is Scrabble, Jr. I tried playing the advanced game but Rhett had to show me how to play it. I found it very frustrating. It came up with weird word combinations I'd never heard of before. Simple 2 letter words I don't use every day. I tried to play it's game but didn't win. I'll just keep playing Scrabble Blast and Bookworm thank you very much.

Rhett did his homework very fast so he could fix his Valentine's for school then play with his new games. Wish he would have done it that fast the other night it took him forever and got on my last nerve.

No comments: