Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Intimidator

Feb. 15, 2007 I let someone get to me at work again. It wasn't the supervisor this time because she is out on medical leave. Why I let this person have that power over me is beyond me. Just hearing her voice is like nails across a chalkboard. I let her intimidate me while another friend gets intimidated by the intimidator's boss who I went to high school with. It is strange who we let intimidate us.

All day I dreaded calling the Intimidator back. I put it off til late afternoon. Even went on a break which is not something I usually do and played Bookworm before calling her. She didn't answer so I got her voice mail. Felt like she was sitting there listening to my message but not picking up. So I sent her a long, detailed email where I got to say, "I can't understand why this document has not been paid." This was carbon copied to her boss, my high school acquaintance. Got my point across. I sent it @ 5:10 pm. which meant I went overtime but won't get paid for it.

Lesson learned today: When emailing the vendor I should have carbon copied the Intimidator as well as her supervisor of dept. head to show I was working on the problem.

If I had my cell phone turned on this evening, I would not have had to cook supper. Don told me he went to Sears. I figured he was buying a hand truck. Oh, well, supper was good anyway.

Don guessed how a lady cop was killed on "CSI" I told him that was really good. He should be a CSI then he could hire me as one too! I'd never make it on the chemistry part. I'd be calling my friend Mike E all the time for that.

No comments: