Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Tuesday Tale

Well, today certainly has been another exciting day at the prison.... I learned the "supervisor" went by the sick girl's house yesterday with the excuse of picking up Avon books only to repeat conversations which would only cause more problems.

"Supervisor" wasn't in a good mood today. Another lady was late. The warden has said our "supervisor" has no control over us; that she is not the records manager. She has another title now. So she has filed a grievance about that claiming unfair treatment and another matter.

The warden was going to talk to her today, but had to take care of other pressing matters. We heard she'd already told him she had nothing more to say to him. I can't imagine saying that to a boss. When he went into her office for the second time, he discovered her laying on her arm on her desk. He asked the receptionist to call for the nurse to come check her out. We were not moving fast enough for him. He seemed mad at because we were unaware of her condition. We tend to stay away from her when she is in one of her moods like she was today.

Later we learned that he couldn't believe I and another lady did not react at all. He went into the Deputy Warden's office with his hands on his hips and said we acted like "Why the f--- should we care?" It was hilarious when the Deputy Warden told us and mocked him.

The nurse checked her out. A few minutes later she came out of her office to tell us "the warden said she passed out..." (her words). I was having trouble with my computer at the time and did not turn to react to her the way she wanted. I am not an unsympathetic person. I just don't react like some people do. Believe it or not I am quiet. She got mad at me and the other lady for this. Mumbling something about Christians and "even heathens acting better than that" as she went back into her office. So now I am a heathen. Been called a lot of things but never that before. So she goes on to lunch, stops to tell the other lady she passed out and she seemed to be the only one concerned about her. Walked out saying, "God will take care of her."

I'm sorry but it you had really and truly passed out, I don't think you would have raved on like that. The receptionist said she would pray for her and ask God to bless her; that God was going to kick her butt for her behavior. We joked with her that we didn't want her to bless us if God was going to make us pass out like the supervisor did. We all got good laughs out of the entire situation while she was gone. When she came back from lunch she had the front end of her car sticking way out into the road rather than in the parking place. This is not the first time she's parked like that.

I go to lunch. I eat my sandwich at my desk. I had this feeling... it was too quiet in her office although she had Rush Limbaugh blaring which gets on my last nerve. I usually crank up Barry Manilow when she does this. I got up with the excuse of making a xerox copy of something I'd already copied. I looked in her office & there she was laying back on her right arm. It did look ackward and uncomfortable. To me passing out is literally passing out on the floor. I didn't want to touch her, but I couldn't leave her like that. What if she was dead? I couldn't live with myself. So I called the other warden and told him he needed to come check on her. He brought the nurse again. They called 911. They had her call her husband who called her back. When I walked into her doorway, which was crowded with EMT personnel, to tell her he was on the phone, she gave me a "go to hell look" if ever I saw one. They took her to the Medical Center. I asked her if she had her purse as they were wheeling her out of her office, but she snottily told me she had it.

Now we have to write witness statements yet again about what happened with her.

I emailed what happened to my friends. My best friend Genie said, "I think you are earning more jewels in your heavenly crown by dealing with her daily." My other friend called her a "Drama Queen." Yep, she was going for the oscar yesterday, but the Deputy Warden thinks the warden deserves it for what it said about us.

Quote of the Day:
You can't make good deals with bad people. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

No comments: