Thursday, February 1, 2007

The Pounding, Thoughts of the day

Yesterday after work, after paying two bills, I drove around looking for trees to photograph. I found a few worthy ones. I only took one color photo. The rest were all black and white. Something was burned out at Ft. Benning, GA that left the entire town of Columbus smokey. Just knew I was going to need my inhaler. I wondered if the smoke would effect my film. Would it give it a smokey quality like fog? Despite the smoke, I was extremely content and grateful that I was able to take some pictures.

A young couple from our church is getting married on 2/17. The church will have a shower for them on the 10th. I volunteered myself to bring chicken salad sandwiches and whatever else I feel like on that day since my taste buds seem to be on a permanent vacation. Or my hormones are out of whack. The groom's mom requested what is known as "A pounding". You bring in a canned food item when you bring your shower gift. A great idea for a couple starting out their life together. The last thing they are thinking of is food! Wink.

This brought to mind a once used idea for another wedding shower... I fixed a basket with Christmas trim that held a box of Bisquick, a can of mexicorn, a packet of taco mix, two cans of tomato sauce, a can of green beans and my recipe for Taco Bake which was one of the 1st recipes I learned to make after we were married. The lady I gave the gift to seemed to really appreciate it. I was right proud of myself. I look foward to doing it again for Tiffany and Matt... I plan to put shredded paper in the bottom of the basket so it will look like slaw. If someone gives them a large laundry basket, they can take all the canned goods to their new home as they begin their new life together. Of course I will get them something they need for the house as well.

Has a pretty good free lunch at work today for which I am grateful because I didn't have to get out in the pouring rain.

Thoughts of the day:

fill the well

feel the well

No comments: