Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Sign, Broken bracelet & Good neighbors

Feb. 23, 2007

sign:
"Try our weighting room"
at local diet place

I could have had a free lunch today. Then I couldn't find the right coupon. Got fried catfish, mashed potatoes and cobbler which was good. Would have preferred the free chicken from Church's. My favorite bracelet that Elisa, my oldest stepdaughter gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago got caught on my keyboard tray and broke. I hollered. The Deputy Warden was on the phone with the "supervisor" because she didn't get a check. He stopped their conversation to ask me what was wrong. I can holler over a bracelet, but I have officers coming up trying to scare me all the time and I don't holler at them. I put all the beads in my pants pocket and put them in a baggie at home to be restrung later.

When I told Don about the "supervisor" not getting a check. He said in his deep tone, "No, because you didn't have any time to get paid with!" I told him it wouldn't do for him to work in our office. He said no because he would tell her just like it is. They wouldn't get along at all.

Lorrie, mom's soon-to-be-ex-neighbor, gave Daddy a brand new lounge chair. Husband Joe didn't like the set so they were giving away them to my parents. Don helped Joe bring it inside the house. They will get the matching chair later... It looks like my folks have whole a new living room. Can't wait to take pictures with the new furniture. Our Christmas pictures will look like we are in a new home! I know my mom will be sad that Lorrie is moving up to the river. She has been a really, really good neighbor to them and me. She reminds me a lot of Mrs. Chambless who used to live across the street from us. Good neighbors are hard to find and keep.

Afterwards we went to Country's barbecue on Macon Rd to eat. Rhett and I split a huge hamburger steak with some left over. Rhett sat in the giant rocking chair all by himself. I did help him down as I went to the restroom. He is growing up on me before my very eyes. He can make his own hot chocolate now.

Rhett's speech teacher has said he has really come out this year. He is so entertaining, telling his stories he makes up. He told her his brother is a movie star in Hollywood which bothered me and I corrected. That he is from the future (which I've heard a time or three!) She said he has such an imagination. I just worry that people will think he is lying. The bad part is the kids at school take him at this word. His teacher said she has a daughter who is just like him and not to worry.

I'd forgotten to mention that on my birthday, at mom's, Rhett took the alphabet letters on the fridge and arranged them to say "Happy b-day, Mom" because he didn't have enough doubles of some letters. My friend Mike E who is a mensa and also chemistry teacher thought that was really bright of Rhett. He said to send him over to the magnet schools in Columbus. He said they needed more kids like him! It made me feel good. I am sure I beamed with pride.

No comments: