Friday, March 30, 2007

Wild Hairs

3/22/07 I have found 2 wild hairs and pulled both of them out of my head. Does that mean I have no more wild hairs in my life now? The last real wild hair I had was putting on blue false nails a few years ago.

I met with Rhett's teacher about his report card. He made all A's except for one B in reading again. We feel like he should get A's in that since he can read so well and above his level yet he doesn't apply himself. He is reading on a nearly 6th grade level. She said he is doing better than he was when Don didn't have a job and we didn't realize it was affecting him. She told me that next year he will be in a bigger class. His next teacher might not stay on him like she does. One girl in his class lets his teacher know when he's daydreaming of who knows what invention and tells their teacher that she "needs to push his button." I think this girl is Rhett's girlfriend. Not sure how I feel about that.

I got sort of ticked as we were talking because the office came over the intercom to tell her she had another parent coming in and they walked in. It seemed to rattle his teacher since she had not scheduled another parent. I felt like she was rushing me. But I suppose we were finished.

After that we picked Mom up to go pick out an Easter suit for Rhett that she'd seen in a store. Rhett didn't have much time to eat his lunch at school because they were starting to do pre-SAT testing. We had to get him something to eat first. He did not want to try on clothes but I made him do it anyway. It was like pulling teeth. We got him a light blue and white stripe suit. It sort of reminds you of seersucker and some other clothes.

I saw my friend Sandra L. back at the food court as we were leaving. I just had this feeling... that she needed to talk to someone. Her cute son Jimmy is in a lot of trouble. She can't pay him out of this one. She'd divorced her husband 6 years ago because he said he didn't love her anymore when she went back to work at Macy's. Her husband is an agrophobic (which was why she left JCP), has depression, takes breathing treatments then goes outside to smoke. She let him come back to live with her in name only so she could take care of him since no one else was caring for him. She also told me she is 70! She's only 20 years older than me.

Then we went to Sears to get mom a 13" color tv for her kitchen at a very reasonable price. The sale starts TOMORROW! I can remember when... a store manager would let you buy it the day before. Too bad those days are long gone. I will have to go back tomorrow after work to get it for her. Got Chick-Fil-A sandwhiches on the way home.

No comments: