Monday, March 12, 2007

Today I Am...

Today I am... Grace Kelly and grateful to be compared to her or being similar in characteristics to such a beautiful lady of such grace, movie star status and a mother. Although her children did not turn out as royally as I am sure she wanted.

Speaking of children... Rhett did a "weather report" on the way home last night via his voice recorder. He was tongue-tied and not doing a very good job of it. He would not last as a weather caster. He claimed it was bad weather and raining outside. I gave him a hard time. I told him "It looks clear to me!" which was also on the recording. He said there were tornadoes in Huntsville, Al. (Need to email my friend Iris to tell her that.) and hurricanes in Fla. I kept giving him a hard time at every turn. He was doing an "Oscar Show". And the best actor was.... George Parker. I asked, "What happened to George Clooney?"

What will today bring? What did today lay at your feet?

I had a good lunch. Thank you tastebuds for working properly. For that I am grateful.

After work, I got Pepsi's at Fred's Discount store. Love that place. They had unframed pictures on sale for 25 cents ea. I just could not pass them up. I even got a golf one for the Warden. Not that I am a brown-noser here. Just in a giving mood. I also got one for Angi at church for her new home. I got one for our preacher Larry and his wife Katherine. It was a pastoral sence in a pinkish tone that I liked. I got my brother-in-law & his wife Kim a mill scene since he used to leave near on Beck's Mill Road in Indiana. I got one for Jason & Kristina too. One just because I liked it. A valentine's one that will probably go in the scrapbook. I think I did good.

I cooked spegetti for supper. I thought I wanted alfredo sauce on mine, but ended up adding my regular McCormick thick & zesty sauce I made for Don & Rhett. Well, Rhett only eats parmesan sprinkled on on his. Weird child that he has become. Sometimes that makes me mad because my sauce is oh SO good. How could he not eat it? Plus if I cook it, he should eat it.

I watched to "Iraq and Back" last night. It was about ABC new anchor Bob Woodruff being shot in Iraq, suffering a severe head injury and surviving. It also showed other injured soldiers. Some of them reminded me of my cousin Ken who was struck by a drunk driver during hunting season back in the 80's. He survived and overcame his severe head trama only to get struck by another drunk driver on New Year's Eve in 1998. He did not survive that one. What are the odds of being struck twice by two different drunk drivers in a lifetime?

I was pregnant with Rhett during Ken's funeral. I was just starting to show & wearing maternity clothes. I broke down after the service in my Aunt Bea's arms. I was not even close to her as relationships go. But she was there for me at that difficult time. My friend David was the only friend who showed up at the funeral. When I saw him, I broke down on him as well. I will always be grateful for David being there for me that day.

I suppose I wrote this about Ken as a reminder so he won't be forgotten and his memory can live on.... Miss you Ken.

No comments: