Monday, March 12, 2007

Just another Friday night

March 2, 2007 We kept out two granddaughters, Tatum and Wesley Rose so Elisa could go a woman's dinner with ladies from her church. Nate, her hubby was out of town in Enterprise, Al where a tornado hit a school and killed some children. So sad. This same storm passed thru here on Thursday nite. I didn't think it was that bad because for once we did not loose power. Rhett was more concerned than we were. He kept telling us to get in the hallway which we didn't do. With the pouring rain hitting the tin roof over the garage or carport, we could not hear the siren warnings going off from Columbus. It wasn't until I watched the 11 pm. news that I saw how bad it really was. It hit the Brookstone area and the Brookstone private school.

I was sent a email that showed only a slight part of the destruction. One of the deputy wardens had pictures of homes in that rich section of town near the school. It wasn't until later in another email showing the town of Americus, Ga that I saw the worst destruction. I couldn't believe how it took the tops of trees.

Don got Rhett's hair cut. I say this every time that Don is NOT going to get Rhett's hair cut ever again! My mom said the good thing is it will be grown out by his birthday in May!

The girls (our granddaughters) have grown up so much since we last saw them. Wesley is talking more. She has learned to say "NO!" Tatum went to sleep on the couch. Rhett had fun playing hide-n-seek with Wesley while Tatum slept. He didn't seem to mind that she was so much younger than him.

I guess I am getting old. At 10 pm, I was ready for them to be picked up so I could go on to bed. Usually on Friday nights I am fading at that time.

No comments: