Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bob's Green jacket & tie Dream, Becky's Tomato Corn Soup Recipe, The Good Ole Days

I had a dream about mine and my friend Jimmy's friend, Bob S.... I dreamed he was wearing a large green print herribone with a white background. It was as if you took a small scrap of herribone and enlarged it maybe 200 times or more. He had on a green silk tie. He was having a family portrait made with his neices and nephews. He asked me, "How do I look?" I muttered and couldn't say anything. Then I woke up. Often I cannot speak in my dreams. If someone is after me, I cannot yell. Its as if my lips are sealed shut. Then there are other times I have screamed loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood and the dead!

My friend Mike E. analyzed my dream and said it meant something about paying too much attention to details and not the BIG picture. I guess that's sort of like not seeing the forest for the trees.

3/17/07 St. Pat's Day. Felt like I good ALL day. It turned cold here again so I made one of mine and Rhett's favorites - tomato corn soup with cornbread. Not one of Don's faves. Its my own recipe I made up:

2 small cans of tomato sauces
1 can Niblets corn
1 cup cooked elbow macaroni noodles (boiled til done)
Add some water
Add all together. Cook in micro on hi for about 5 mins.

We had not had it in a long time. It was good. We ate almost all of it but a couple of spoonfuls. Usually if we have a lot leftover, I take it to Mom's & she'll add more stuff to it to make vegetable soup.

Had to go get milk later. Got a frozen pizza for supper which I burned because I left the oven on preheat! We ate it anyway. As I passed the beer section at the grocery store, I remembered... how my friends and I used to go out dancing and drinking green beer on this day. Almost started to buy some and green food color. Sometimes I miss the good ole days... Today was one of those days.

No comments: