Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Penny Dream, See you in my dreams....

3/14/07 Dreamed I was visiting Penny and her family. Her mom was living in a trailer. Another trailer dream. My 1st one in a long time since the one that made me realize alot of things... Penny & family were living in a tailer park nearby just down the road from her mom's. The trailers were rather small. It was so good to see them again. So if I don't see you in reality, maybe I'll see you in my dreams...

There was a sign on the way to work that said something about Satan keeps bringing up the past. Tell Satan how God has your future and Satan will stop. Or something similar to those lines. Need to ride by and write it down.

So when I am recalling my past, is it Satan doing that?

Wore a new blue floral top with an old pair of pants that matched perfectly. Love when that happens. Found a new fave pen. Trying to improve my penmanship in my Gratitude journal.

After work we are going to Lori and Joe's new home in Hamilton, Ga. or on Lake Harding. They are my folks' old good neighbors we hated to see leave. I am so excited about going I can hardly contain myself!

It was about 30 miles to Lori's house. It is off Lick Skitt Rd so its on the water. The house itself was hard to find. We had to turn around and we saw her standing a the end of the drive which slopes down so you feel like you are going straight down to the water. Didn't like that.

As it turns out, someone else owns the house. They are just letting them live there rent free which saves them about $500 a month in rent. They are in their 70's so that is a good thing. The furniture is dark cherry wood and alot of oriental. As I am looking around, I am telling myself which pieces would have to go if the house were mine. That was before I found out the above. Loved the BIG OPEN kitchen and especially the screened in deck. There was as stained glass window of a pellegin in the master bath that was different. I took a picture of it from inside the bathroom. There were mirrors on the opposite wall which made you think the bathroom was much larger than it really was in reality. I started to walk into the "other room" but realized there wasn't one!

Didn't like a lot of stuff in the master bedroom either, but they enjoy watching the moon from that window opening to a small deck/balcony. Romeo, Romeo, where art thou? It was just way too dark for me. I would have opened all the blinds and let light in. This sounds weird coming from someone who normally likes the dark.

I relaxed in the lounge chair on the screened deck and probably could have gone to sleep there with all the peacefulness and the water lapping down below, but I had a little boy who wanted to go down to the bottom decks and out to the dock. The decks were slippery because it had sprinkled. You knew the wood decks were treated correctly because the water beaded up like it is supposed to do.

Lori & Joe mostly stay upstairs where all of the above is located. The owner had boxes and boxes and boxes of trains in the game room that used to have a pool table, but now has an unused jukebox and trains and trains and more trains, and trains in the 3 bedrooms below. The bigger room at the other end held some old arcade game, an old coke machine that had a Tab cola slot, and more trains and trains and trains. Some of the trains were set up on tracks. It smelled like it hasn't been aired out in who knows when. I'd be opening those deck doors and airing it out!

There wasn't enough lighting for me anywhere! They had a lot of lamps but they only put out a soft glow. There were track lighting in the ceilings. Maybe if the drapes were opened, it might be better had it not been overcast.

It just made me appreciate a home in town, level land, lighting, etc. Maybe things I take for granted everyday. I thought Daddy was slow on the way over there, but he was driving 45-50 in a 70 mile zone!. I had to tell him he needed to go faster but Backseat Driver Mom said he could go slow. Needless to say we missed church. I needed a nerve pill after that. Sometimes I wonder and worry about them picking Rhett up from school.

Got Krystals on the way home for supper.

I am so lucky and grateful... for receiving three emails from my friend Jimmy.

No comments: