Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday, The Art Show

 

 

 

 


Today is the art show and I am thankful to have arrived at this point in my life of finally living my dreams. It does not matter if I win anything but just to say I have actually been in an art show.

I am thankful to my friends Cheryl and Anne who have been my strong email cheerleaders and supporters these last couple of weeks. I told Anne she needed to be a life coach. I can't begin to tell them what this means to me by them telling me how good I am as an artist and to not doubt myself; to not let anyone or anything spoil this good mood; this high I am riding on now and I have not let anything spoil it. So I am proud of myself for that small blessing. I am thankful to my all my other friends as well like Genie who shares my excitement in Virginia. Just don't think she is quite as excited as I am. To all our church memembers who are equally excited for me as well as my many blogging friends who have commented like Carletta. Thank you all.

Yesterday I bought Rhett some things for Halloween at the dollar store. I just love Halloween. I took pictures of the items as I held them up to the light and got THE coolest photos I have taken in awhile. It could be a Halloween card. I must remember to submit it to Hallmark. Never submitted pictures before. Back in high school, I attempted to send words and verses, but was always rejected. Yet I know I can make cards better than Hallmark. I prefer my words to their's. As I took the pictures, I told my guys I needed to submit the photos to zazzle.com.

This morning when I opened my email, I had sold two more items on zazzle.com !!! Those were not even some of my better photos. This is the 2nd set of Halloween pictures I have sold on this site. Maybe Halloween is lucky for me. So this really is my lucky day and I am so very, very thankful.

I am also so very thankful to for my mom who is helping me make finger foods for the art show. She is boiling eggs and cutting up celery to go in the chicken salad for sandwiches. I will make two types of dips to take along with a Pepsi.

I will tell you all about the art show tomorrow... wish me luck.

If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday and share your thankfulness, please go to the following...
http://www.eph2810.com/

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

bp said...

Hope you had a good day! Congratulations on your art.

PERBS said...

Whether you win anything or not, you will never be considered a loser! There are all kinds of art and different people appreciate different types. I hope you get some great comments if nothing else. . . I also pray that you had fun participating. I look forward to your results. Hope you had a great time!

I left comments below on two others I believe.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks so much, BP. You are so right, Paulie. I have never considered myself a loser. Yes, I got some great comments and had so much fun. I will be posting about it soon...

Carletta said...

In life I feel we have to dream - I'm so glad yours is coming true.
You've sold something - now how cool is that! Way cool!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks Carletta for all you comments and congrats!