Friday, March 6, 2009

Sky Watch Friday Beach in the Sky Photo

 


I saw this one after work on my way home this week. I pulled into a subdivision to take the shot hoping the neighbors wouldn't call the cops on me, but luckily they did not. I had another better shot, but I accidentally deleted it so I had to go with this one. It looks like a beach to me. I believe Carver has mentioned the name of phenomenon of the reflection in the cloud before on his blog.

Happy Sky Watch Weekend. If you would like to participate in Sky Watch Friday , please go to the following...
http://skyley.blogspot.com/

My morning find for today was once again on my commute to work. It was the top portion of white and rusting ironwork yard set. Not sure if it was the sofa, love seat or small chair. LOL It looked like an errant tiara in the green grass. If it is still there tomorrow, I will take a photo for Odd Shot Monday.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Guy D said...

Beautiful clouds in that sky, I love this photo.

Have a great weekend.
Guy
Regina In Pictures

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you, Guy D!I love this photo too.

Louise said...

It's a sundog. Well,there is a technical name that I never remember. These are one of my favorite things to see in the sky. This one is particularly bright. I can't imagine what the one looked like that you deleted!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Great capture. Very soft and swirly.

Greg Dimitriadis said...

Gorgeous sky!

Corky said...

What a beautiful sky, just when you think you wouldnt see anything different eh!

Thank you for sharing.

Deb said...

It does look like a beach, nice photo

Linnea said...

Ohh...that is an unusual sky. Great capture!

restoration42 said...

Perfect name for this photo! At first glance I wondered what a rainbow was doing in the waves. Lovely!

Jim said...

Nice effect.

Light and Voices said...

Rainbows and clouds and it does look like a beach! Nice job!
Joyce

kazu said...

Wow It's amazing sky.
Very beautiful clouds!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks for the name of it, Louise! The one I deleted just looked even better than this one did in my opinion but then I am a perfectionist about certain things; a stickler for details probably because I am an artist. LOL. Thanks, Digital Flower Pictures. Yes, I love the swirls too. Thanks Greg! Thank you, Corky. That was one of my nicknames in high school because it was Don Osmond's nickname too! Yes, it does look like a beach to me also, Deb. Yes, it is unusual Linnea W. Thanks. I am glad you liked my title of it One Red Horse. Thanks, J Bar. Thank you Joyce, Kazu and all of you who stopped by and commented. I can always tell when I did good by all the comments.

Carver said...

That's a beautiful shot. I'm glad that Louise told you what it was because I can't ever remember. Dewdrop is one of the bloggers who is great about knowing the names of all the cloud formations. Thanks so much for your comments on my blog.

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi Carver! Thanks for the compliment. It means a lot coming from you. Thanks for you comments too. You are very welcome.