Wednesday, March 25, 2009

J is for... I dream of Jenie's

 


This week as I was pondering what to do for my J is for... post for ABC Wednesday, I passed by this place called Jenie's. When I saw it, I immediately turned into it on my way to work so I could snap this photo. This a local bridal and formal evening gown shop that has been in existance many, many years. It just happens to be where I bought my wedding gown 15 years ago. My gown was the first one I touched that day my mom & I went wedding shopping. Later I discovered I could have gotten the exact same gown cheaper through the JCPenney bridal catalog, but I felt better and safer about buying it here. It was altered to fit my height and it would have been hard to have altered through a catalog purchase. The day I picked it up, Jenie, the owner gave me a penny for good luck to wear in my slipper on my wedding day. What she said to me made me cry. Something about always being lucky and happy. Later my best friend Genie would give me a six pence to wear in my other slipper as she had done on her wedding day.

There was only bridal gown in the windows when I snapped this and it wasn't to my liking. It is prom season around her so these took up most of the window dressing. These dresses reminds me of a long blue sequinned dress Whoopi Goldberg wore in a movie. I think it was "Jumping Jack Flash". Her dress gets caught in a shredder and is shortened into a mini cocktail dress!

If you would like to participate in ABC Wednesday, please go to the following at Mrs. Nesbitt's place...
http://mrsnesbittsplace.blogspot.com/
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

PERBS said...

Good eye for spotting the sign to use but I think you have the name wrong -- look at the sign and your words. . .

Nicve to have memories of your wedding planning from a photo of the store.

PERBS said...

Nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Paulie. I corrected the name. I was thinking of the song & singing it in my head. Plus my best friend's name is the same only spelled differently. At least I got my friend's name right. LOL