Monday, September 24, 2007

Old Movie Poster

I will tell you where this poster was located later... but first it has a story to tell about me... When I was small, my parents always took me to the movies especially Elvis Presley movies. My mom loved Hank Williams, Sr. She'd even seen him live in person and jitterbugged to his music at the juke joints they used to go to when she was young. The tales she could tell... But she says you never could tell he was high on drugs or drunk when she saw him. She still doesn't believe that about him to this day.

So my parents took me to see this movie "Your Cheatin' Heart". At that age, I thought George Hamilton was actually Hank. Of course he dies in the movie and I did not want him to die. I just busted out crying at the end as if my own Daddy had died. My Aunt and Uncle were also in the theatre a few rows over. They couldn't believe me. It is one movie I will never forget. I remember how hard I cried even today. I have even watched it again several times, but probably still cannot watch the end without crying. Just as I cannot watch "Kramer Vs. Kramer" or the ending to "Steel Magnolias". I stop watching it before Julia Roberts dies.

When I took this picture, I saw the price of the movie... less than $2.00 for an adult. Can you believe that. Man, does that make me feel old. But it is a good memory for me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: