Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Cicada on our Rabbit


Last week I noticed this little bug on the our rabbit outside. The rabbit was Madge's. I thought about taking a picture of it, but took the Scarlett O'hara approach by saying I would take it later. It was still there the next morning when I went out to the car. I grabbed the digi camera while Rhett was getting ready for school. He wanted to know what I was taking a picture of so early in the morning so I showed him which is too cool that I can do that. Later I showed it to our preacher to ask him what kind of bug was on the rabbit and he told me it was a cicada which had obviously shed his skin and left this momento for us. I think its neat.

Then Susannah of Inkonmyfinger.typepad.com led me to a very creative Jen Gray's blog http://www.jengray.com/. One post in particular really stuck out and cried out to me. It was where she was always asked the same dumb questions about not having children which were better left unasked. I'd been there before I had Rhett so I know how she felt. I never ask people if they are going to have children because they may not be able to have any. It only brings them more pain. I only knew of one girl who did not want to have children because she had to raise her brothers and sisters. She was the exception.

Then Jen had a post on 6/19/07 entitled "Shedding..." It had a photograph of cicadas shedding. She had several compared to my one shown here. Although her photo may be better than mine, it doesn't make me feel bad or make me feel less adequate. I still like mine because it is mine. I captured that one in a lifetime moment at our home. I am very proud of it. Who knew it would actually make a post like this? It just shows you how our lives are all entertwined with one another; how we woman are all similar yet different. I am proud to be among you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: