Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bellas's Place


This was not the image I wanted to put here & now I don't know how to remove it! This when I painted my granddaughter Tatum's nails in Indy.

Bella's Place
I think this is called serendipity. We went to the bank to get money to go to the Jr. Leaque Attic sale on Saturday 9/8/07. I saw the yard sale here at Bella's Place and had to stop. We had never been here before. There were lots of piece goods of all occasions for sale outside, but I resisted with pride. After all I am the Queen of the paper collages. That is my form of making a patchwork quilt. Rhett found an "autographed" baseball of Jackie Robinson, whom he did a project on year before last if my memory serves me correctly. It only cost him $1 of his money.

We went inside to find all sorts of things, old and new. Rhett loved the antibellum house and wished it was his as he imagined himself in each room especially the odd shaped attic rooms. He gets that from me of course. I discovered a two things I can make so I have new ideas for Christmas presents which are simple and easy to make involving buttons. I guess I am the Queen of Buttons also although my friend Abby might fight for the title on that one! I did buy ONE thing for which I am proud of myself. I bought a lamb for our Christmas tree or wherever I decide to hang it. It has the word "blessings" on it which screamed my name and I found very appropriate. It will serve as a reminder for me to count mine.

As we were paying for our newfound items, I saw three postcards lying on the counter of Bella's Place in front of the register. I asked the clerk how much they cost. She did not know so she told me I could have one. I really wanted more to send to my friends, but I did not want to be greedy. Instead I shared this picture of Rhett in front of Bella's Place in an email.

Today was a very good day. We did this. We saved money which is always a good thing. I bought a memory card reader so I could upload the postcards in my postcard swap and ALL the pictures I sent out to my friends via an email. I loved it! I am very gratefu for this day. Hope you had a great day too.

What did you do today?

Later my friend Mike E sent me a reply email stating he takes his school kids to Bella's Place often. They have free reign. He also told me there is another floor which we saw was closed off. Rhett thought it was closed for painting repairs since the walls looked like they needed repainting. On the next level is a ballroom! Next time Mike goes, we are going with him so we can see the ballroom!

No comments: