Friday, August 1, 2008

Eye In the Sky

 


Rhett, my 10 year old son and I were either driving to church Wednesday evening after a thunderstorm in Columbus or driving home one evening this week when we both say this image at the same time. Rhett reacted verbally first with "Whoa!" I thought he was looking at the same thing in the sky, but wasn't sure so I asked him "What?" Then I asked him what it looked like to him and he said what exactly what I was thinking... He said it looked like an eye. An eye in the sky. How cool for a Sky Watch Friday post.

I went back and printed out my photo in black and white but it did not print the eye part. David inspired me to ask him this question....

What do you do to keep the dark clouds at bay?

When I saw my print, I could see that title on the page with a poem, but I don't have the words yet. So see... even a cloudy day can be inspiring.

If you would like to participate in a Sky Watch Friday, please go to the following...
http://skyley.blogspot.com/

Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Dragonstar said...

That's quite a sky!

Carver said...

I agree that does look like an eye in the sky. Great shot.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Dragonstar. You had a dark sky like mine. Thanks, Carver.

SandyCarlson said...

This is a wonderful shot. Gorgeous.

david mcmahon said...

That's not only an eye, but almost a face as well. Good work by Rhett and I'm so glad you took the photo.

I'm so glad the print inspired you - and I'd love to read the end result.

Thank you for your kind mention and also for your lovely comment on my recent post.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Sandy. Yes, David, I notice the face also and thought about playing around with it. I am glad I took it also. I have a few ideas brewing as I type this...

Tink *~*~* said...

I saw the eye right away too, even before reading about it. In fact, it's almost TWO eyes, behind a Long Ranger mask!

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Pat - Arkansas said...

Good eye (no pun intended,) and it makes a wonderful Sky Watch.

becky aka theRAV said...

Tink, that was too funny. I did not see the Lone Ranger mask but glad you did. Thanks, Pat.

Kelly said...

Great "Eye in the Sky" (lol) It's amazing since getting involved in skywatch, how much we all pay so much more attention to the sky! Good job!

Markus Latva-aho said...

Nice sky watch pic again! Happy week end and sky watching!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Kelly. I agree with you. Thanks also Systems Operator for your kind comments. Hope you have great weekend too.

Mary said...

wow, that's a terrific skywatch photo! cool!

Anonymous said...

It´s stareing. Cool shot.

esnorway said...

great SWF nice pic have good weekend

becky aka theRAV said...

Also thanks to Mary, Varjoyrtti & Esnorway.

becky aka theRAV said...

Kelly I couldn't reply back to your blog for some reason but you really had a yellow sky there!

becky aka theRAV said...

Mary, I couldn't comment on your's either but your beach scene was calming.