Friday, August 22, 2008

Longhorns in Alabama

 


Last Saturday as we were on our way to Prattville, Alabama, Don wanted to stop at a small, rinky-dink, family owned tractor place along the side of the road. The tractors and such stood in front of a field. When we stopped, I looked through Don's window and much to our surprise we saw Longhorns in Alabama! So Don held his head back while I zoomed in and took this shot. They were starting to moo-ve, but luckily I got the shot and it turned out well. The sky was perfect too.

Keep your fingers crossed that Hurrican Fay does not come our way.

Quote of the day:
Your true friends answer your thoughts, fears and worries in kind with good, sage advice similiar to your's which is probably why they are your friends to begin with. If you have an issue and ask for opinions, you find out who your real friends are in your life.
~Becky Bristow Voyles~


If you would like to participate in Sky Watch Friday, please go to the following...
http://skyley.blogspot.com/

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Dragonstar said...

That surely qualifies as an Odd Shot!

Thanks for your kindness on Wednesday.

imac said...

Nice photo for SW.

Kelly said...

Great SWF photo! Can't believe there are longhorns in Alabama!!!

DeniseinVA said...

Great photo, handsome longhorns.

Angie said...

A very nice photo.

Maria said...

Since our dog attracts the attention of cows and then hides behind me when they begin to chase him, I am afraid of cows. The longhorns make me nervous ;)
Happy SWF!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks for your comments, Dragonstar. Thank you, Imac. I can't believe the longhorns were in Alabama either, Kelly. Thank you, Denise & Angie. Maria, your story made me laugh. I would be scared of cows too, especially longhorns! LOL Thanks to all of you for stopping by & commenting!

Webradio said...

Like you, I like the nature...

Carletta said...

Those are some huge bovines! I've never seen on of the big guys up close.
When I opened your blog I sure thought Texas. Alabama - who knew!
Great shot.

Thanks for leaving such a really nice comment on my reflections post.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Webradio. I thought Texas too, Carletta. I have tried to get into some of your blogs but I cannot. Sorry.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Becky: What a great shot of the Longhorns, thanks for your comments on Sky Watch.

Arija said...

Wow, I love those longhorns, we only have one and a half cows with little horns. Our cattle and sheep are polls. Great to see them.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Fishing Guy & Arija for you kind comments.