Thursday, August 7, 2008

Illy Nilly Incident # 2 this Week

I had orders to be put in the system. I have a new laudry office to deal with who does not have current correct prices and vendors. I couldn't get a fax to go through to a vendor. I had papers scattered all across my two 2 desks or an open cubby which I wish had walls to shut others out! A Sgt came up joking, "You've got papers scatterd everywhere." I replied, "That's because I'm doing three things at once." I was making copies for the new laundry officer who was supposed to be on his way up to my desk. I thought nothing of what the Sgt said.

Then the voice of Illy Nilly had to put her unwanted and uncalled for two cents in again. "Well, that is what we all do around here. Welcome to Admin." No one could believe she said this. No one was talking to her. The conversation was between me and him. NOT her. I had several witness this time. At least three. So now I am keeping a running record. I feel I must do this.

I was told later that her comment made me look mad as hell. I hate that she can make me feel and look with such hatred. Is it soon going to get to the point where I need to take a Valium just so I can come to work? No! I will not let her do that to me!

Maybe I should chant "Stick and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me." My mom always say, "Well, you can't eat me!" If only I could laugh in her face...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Paul Harris and i would like to show you my personal experience with Valium.

I am 55 years old. Have been on Valium for 20 days now. I decided to get off of all benzos after much reading and having a friend who was abusing Xanax kill himself (may have been other issues, too). I was taking about 4 mg of Klonopin daily. I read a lot of the reseach on benzos by Dr. Heather Ashton, one of the world's leading authorities on benzos. I was shocked to see her equivalency table for Klonopin and Xanax. 1 mg of Klonopin or Xanax is equel to 20 mg of Valium. That's right, 20!! Plus, Klonopin and Xanax have nasty side effects. That did it for me. No more benzos!! Because Valium has the longest half-life of any benzo and the least side effects, I'm using it and water-titration to get off Klonopin, a method widly used in Europe. 10% reduction every 10-14 days. So far so good.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
Headache, drowsiness in the morning. Hard time getting my Dr. to prescribe and go along with treatment program. Valium supposedly is far less addicting than some other benzos, with far fewer side effects. I hope that turns-out to be true.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Paul Harris