Thursday, June 26, 2008

"The Eyes Have It", Thankful Thursday 6/26/08

 

 

 


Well, I have certainly been creative this week as you probably have noticed by now and I am thankful for that.

Rhett and I went to the library. I could not get on a computer so I checked out the art books hoping to find inspiration. Like I needed it. I checked out a book entitled Collage Creations by Kim Ballore, Barbara Matthiessen and Tracia Williams. Right. Like I needed to know hoew to collage, right? DUH. Well, the book did lead me to an idea... of using an off brand of Glad wrap then reaching for my handy dandy black micro pore ink pad and becoming a stampin' fool. I tested it out on an envelope first which really had a better design. Then I got a clean white sheet of cardstock. The 1st two are the results. I kept seeing eyes in it so I knew I was going to call it "The Eyes Have It". I went back with a drawing pen and emphasized the eyes. The 1st photo is without a flash so it gave it that sepia look I seem to be into lately. I was afraid to use a flash for fear of washing it out which I think it did in the 2nd shot. It may be a bit blurry also because the digital doesn't always like to focus on these multi-designs I create. But you get the idea.

I was so excited when I did this, I wanted to call everyone, tell them to get their Glad wrap out and get happy! LOL But I refrained. I sent an email out the next morning instead. Wednesday night I showed it to Tiffany at church. Our preacher's granddaughter, Kylie was visiting and heard me talking about it. She just chimed right in. She loved it and was looking for stuff in it much like my sisters-in-law in Indiana did. She saw things I did not see. Kylie even suggested coloring the eyes red since I was planning on using it as a Halloween page. Too bad Kylie doesn't live closer, we could have so much fun crafting. I gave both of them a copy of it, told them to go home and have fun. So I was thankful for my new idea, my new creation and Kylie's suggestions.

I had found some Main Street Wall Creations stickers at the dollar store. Today I made the above retirement card for our maintance man who is retiring tomorrow. He loves to fish so I knew this would be THE perfect card for him. Illy Nilly was off so I had to call her at home to see if she bought him a card which she had not. Mrs. Perfect who had to go to Hobby Lobby to buy the paper plates and napkins for the retirement party couldn't buy the man a good-bye card. Now I am glad I made it for him. I was rather proud of it even if i am tooting my own horn. Yes, I amazed myself yet again.

Today is my parent's 55th wedding anniversary so I am thankful for them. I begged a favor of my mom... Tonight is an artist guild meeting and I really wanted to attend since I missed two previous ones. I asked her if we could take them out to eat on Saturday instead since Rhett and I are going to 6 Flags Over Georgia tomorrow with the church. (Please keep us in your prayers for traveling mercies to and fro. Thanks.) Of course she said it was fine. I love my mom!

The artist guild meeting is supposed to have an artist sculpting something which should be interesting even if that is not my forte. I am just hoping to meet some helpful fellow artists tonight.

Today I am thankful for my friend Anne, my dream decipherer. Thanks again, Anne. She had told me twice this week I have nothting to feel bad about.

What were you thankful for today? If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please go to the following...
http://www.eph2810.com/

~theRAV~
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Anniversary to your dear parents. I am praying for traveling mercies for your trip tomorrow. Enjoy your day at six flags sweetie. I love you.

eph2810 said...

You are indeed very creative :) Cool that you were able to create such fun art with glad wrap :)

Wow - 55 years of marriage - what an accomplishment...

The card you have created is so cool - I wouldn't be able to do things like that.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Be blessed today and always...

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you Denise for the anniversary wishes for my parents and the prayers for traveling mercies. We enjoyed out trip to 6 Flags. My legs are still stiff from all the walking! I love you too. Thanks also Iris for all your kind words. Blessings to both of you.