Friday, June 13, 2008

Alan's Road Map

 


This was my 1st attempt at "Alan's Road Map". It got really good to me and I got rather carried away with it. I thought I this might be my best piece of work yet until...


 


Rhett started this one, but I finished it and added the "Voyles' Rd" to it. Then I decided less really is more and liked this one best of all. This will be Alan's Christmas gift from us ... if I can wait til then. It photocopied well at Walmart.

 


A close up of "Voyles' Rd".

I'll tell you about something that doesn't work... I had to pick up a prescription at the local neighborhood family owned pharmacy yesterday. The owner's wife does floral arrangements. She was cutting the green styrofoam into squares to fit. She had some small pieces left over to the side. I hated to see it all go to waste. I asked for one of the pieces. I tried it with a micropore pad. It made a neat design of dots, but it left residue in the pad which I did not like. So don't try this at home. LOL My friend Claudia, the Stampin' Up lady thought it was funny too.

Please remember that all of my work is copyrighted. Thanks.

`TheRAV~
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jo said...

Wow! Becky! I LOVE them. What medium did you use? Are they acrylic or watercolor?

I am very impressed...! I wish there were more art blogs. There are lots of photo blogs, but not many art blogs.

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi Josie! I am so glad you like my artwork. It was all done on beige card stock that I crumpled. I used a distress ink pad in antique linen for the lighter colors. Then went back with a dark brown marker over the creases and these are the result.I good art blog you might like is my friend Janet's at http://laverdarloft.blogspot.com/ or my friend Leah's blog at
http://creativeeveryday.blogspot.com
a really intense art blog would be
http://ascenderrises.blogspot.com/
etsy.com has a lot of art on it also.