Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tag Your It!

Hurricane Ida is sending heavy rains our way, but I brightened my own day today... I found some Avery 11013 strung marking tags. They look just like tags you could use in scrapbooking. I kept looking at one thinking... tag... tag... tag... Tag your it! LOL So I traced one on an inter-office envelope. The receiver might not get my sense of humor but oh well... Later I made what I consider a mock-up or prototype greeting card where I drew several blank tags on the card front. "Tag Your It!" was one of them. I realized this type of tag looks like a mini clipboard so I made it look even more like one by coloring the top metal part gold, writing the words "To Do" then drawing paper. I just need a brown colored pencil or marker to complete the backboard. I used a fancy font to type the word "LOVE" which I adhered with my Creative Memories photo splits to another tag. I drew a red heart on another tag. Then added red polka dots to one that is going off page, repeating my red color as I know I am supposed to do. I tried to stamp my raven stamp on one, but it wanted to smear so I laid it aside to dry. It really didn't fit even if the full raven would have been cut off. And I KNOW less is more. I cut out the tags on my mock up card and placed them on blue cardstock paper because it just looked better to me. I took a photo of it. I will take the original to Walmart soon. Hope their photo machines are working. If not, I will have to go to Wolf camera. I will up load it later.

I liked the "Love" font so much, I sent it as an email. I tried to cut and paste it here, but it didn't work to my disappointment. Sorry. Anyway the email said:

Love.
Pass it on....

I am not ending on a sad note here, but David at:
http://david-mcmahon.blogspot.com/
is leaving his blogdom to write his novel. He had another photo site to keep up with him...
http://www.redbubble.com/people/davidmcmahon
I wish him Godspeed.

No comments: