Sunday, January 25, 2009

Uncle Frank is Gone

"Uncle Frank is gone." Those were my mom's exact works tonight. She'd been to see him and he was the same as the day before. I'd spoken with her before 6 pm. After the evening church service we went to Fred's so Don could exchange some sweat pants. On the way home, my cell went off. I saw it was my mom calling. I knew then it was not good since I'd just talked her over an hour ago. Uncle Frank passed away at 5:30 this evening just after she left. He is not suffering anymore.

It was not a good day for us family wise. We had another family situation that shocked the socks off of me had I been wearing them. Never in a million years would I have thought what happened happened. We just pray that the Lord will let this situation work out for the best,especially for the children's sake. It shattered my faith in mankind; chisled the foundation a bit. You just never know... Just because someone goes to church and appears to be good Christian people, things are not always what they seem or appear to be. Unbelieveble. This happens to other people - not someone in our immediate family. I know we are not perfect. Maybe I am naieve thinking everyone is perfect until they prove differently.

2 comments:

PERBS said...

Perfect? Not by a long shot -- only God gets that title.

Your Uncle is rejoicing because he has no more pain and is with God -- rejoice with him and keep sharing those good memories of him while he was here.

I hope things work out whatever your new "problem."

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you for your kind words about my uncle, Paulie. The problem is and isn't our's. It is more another family members but it affects us as well. Just praying for the best as always.