Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday 1/22/09

Today I don't know where to begin... My Uncle Frank had his 4th brain surgery where they removed more fluid and infection. He has been in a coma for well over a week. Last Wednesday nite, the family had been notified to come see him for the last time. My mom called me after our church service was over, but we we still hanging around talking with friends. I broke down, but I had my loving husband there comforting me. You know you have a good preacher when he cries with you.

We went home, watched a new "Hannah Montana" episode which was just what I needed - to laugh. I was able to forget for a moment until the phone rang. Our preacher had called our friend that sits behind us at church to call and check on me which brought it all back but it was sweet of her to call.

I went to see my uncle during this recent holiday. He did not look good at all. His arms were swollen. All the fluids they had given him were "weaping" from where they had poked his veins and one smelled bad. I held up better that day so I was proud of myself for my strength. One of my uncle's Mason friends came in and had prayer with us.

I had all my family, friends and email buddies praying for him. On Wednesday they were going to remove the tube in his throat and begin weaning him off everything slowly to see if he could breathe on his own.

Don got a small deer Monday night. It was too small to send to the processor so he decided to butcher it himself and save some money since he still has not found a job. He told us if he ever tried to get a job as a butcher, to tell him he shouldn't do that! LOL He has cooked a lot lately and I am thankful for that.
He cooked some of it on our small George Foreman grill last night.

Mom called me at 6 last evening. I was expecting, the worst but Uncle Frank woke up!!!! Praise the Lord. We are so thankful. I will not be a doubting Thomas again. God is good. He is able. Not just with my uncle. My friend Jimmy's brother Jay is now cancer free, but still taking chemo as a precaution. Another man who was in a bad wreck & on our prayer list will be coming home from the hospital soon. My best friend Genie's father got to come home from hospice. It is just amazing what God can do. I just had to share it with you today as my Thankful Thursday post.

If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please go to the following....
http://laurelwreathsreflections.com/
Laurie is taking over for Iris while she is away from blogging.

9 comments:

Lori said...

Oh I pray your Uncle makes continued improvements. How scary. Praying for your family. Have a wonderful Thursday.

Denise said...

Praise God for His goodness, prayers being said for your uncle.

Laurie Ann said...

Praying for your uncle's complete healing! Happy Thankful Thursday to you.

i said...

Really glad and relieved to hear your uncle is improving. God bless! Will be praying for you and your uncle.

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi Lori! Thank you for your prayers on my uncle's behalf. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Yes, Denise, Praise God. Thanks for your prayers too Denise, Laurie Anne & Serendipty. God bless you all!

PERBS said...

Great news on all counts! YUP! Prayer does work.

dot said...

It's really amazing what prayer can do! I hope your uncle continues to improvement. I'll put him on my prayer list.
Becky, thanks for your visit today. Cave Springs is a neat little town but there is not much there. I wish you could have seen the springs as they are really pretty and there is a big area to swim in also. That was funny about the shirt!

becky aka theRAV said...

Yes, Paulie, it is great news. Hi Dot!Thanks for stopping by & commenting. Nice to have you visit again.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks also Dot for your prayers & putting my uncle on your prayer list. Thank you ALL for your prayers.