Monday, January 19, 2009

Odd Fellows

 


When I first got my digitial camera two years ago, one day I drove by Esme sitting out in the sunshine, the first lady in the collage along with her friend Millie who sat back in the shade. I had to take a picture of them. I just love Esme. You cannot look at her without smiling, can you? Then I never saw them again so I knew it was a once in a lifetime thing; it was meant to be that I saw them on that particular day.

Back in the fall of this year, we ran into Chef Bubba Pierre at Cafe 431. I have since found another one of these characters when we were in Warm Springs recently, but his name kept changing until I settled on Chef Tony because he reminded me of my father's old friend from work who was a chef named Tony, but he is not in this collage.

One day I am going to write a story about all these Odd Fellows who I like to think of as extended family now. But for now I am picking them as my Odd Shot for Monday. Hope they make you smile and brighten your day.

If you would like to participate in Odd Shots Monday, please go to Katney's place at:
http://katneyskaboodle@blogspot.com/
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

PERBS said...

You should write about them while you still remember. They do look like characters!

becky aka theRAV said...

Great idea, Paulie.

Dragonstar said...

They look like HUGE characters! Paulie is right, you should write as much as you can about them.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Dragonstar. I shall.

SandyCarlson said...

I cast my vote with Paulie's and the others'. This is a great image.

Don't know why you went missing from SkyWatch. I fell off of Show Your World. There was no rhyme or reason. Mr. Linky has been moody lately. I suggest reposting and seeing what happens.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks for the compliment on my Odd Fellows,Sandy & for the other info.

Katney said...

Maybe you will find more to add to the collection.