Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gifts of the Day

I have not done a good thankful post in a long while. It is long over due. Nor have I blogged my blessings but I had such an over abundance of gifts today that I couldn't let this day pass without doing this post.

Today I found a fortune cookie lying on the table. I opened it this morning and read it. It said:

"You will be showered with good luck tomorrow."
May you be showered with it also.

There was also a little card lying on the table with a poem entitled:

"The Cross in My Pocket"

I carry a cross in my pocket,
a simple reminder to me
of the fact tht I am a Christian
no matter where I may be.

When I put my hand in my pocket
to bring out a coin or key,
the Cross is there to remind me
of the price He paid for me.

It reminds me too, to be thankful,
for my blessings day by day
and strive to serve Him better
in all I do and say.

So, I carry a cross in my pocket
reminding no one bu me
that Jesus Christ is Lord of my life,
if only I'll let him be.


In my purse, I had two recipes using Andes mint candies I discovered even if the coupon expired. You can get recipes with these mints by going to the following:
www.andesrecipes.com.

In yesterday's mail I received 3 free cards from Guidepost. I love those cards! I can't afford to buy them, but I send the free ones out or give them to our church to use in their card ministry. I love the messages on the back of them, but I think I will save those for another day...

What gifts did you receive today?

If you would like to go to Thankful Thursday, please go to the following:
http://www.eph2810.com/

P. S. I got positive feedback from several friends when emailed this post to them which made my day. They told me what their gifts were.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Welcome back sweetie, I have missed you.

Grammy said...

How inspiring. I love all the wonderful messages you received.

PERBS said...

Well, with weather in the low 50's and not a drop of rain, I was able to put in a couple more miles of walking which will help my new diet I just started. . . we had those wonderful blue skies. . . I could see Mt. Hood in Oregon today -- it had been obstructed by dark clouds for so long (see my blog post today). . . I also finished my term as Treasurer of the apt. complex where I live . . . and I started cleaning out my kitchen cupboards.

I am sure there are more. . . like when I came here you had posted a new post! Ü

Nancie said...

Hi Becky! So good to hear from you. I have not been able to do much active blogging myself. I have missed you too and many other friends. Thank God for His many blessings upon you. May God lead you to a closer walk with Him and enable you to know His love and blessings in many wonderful ways. Praying for you. Take care!

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi Denise. Thanks. I have missed you too. Thank you, Grammy. I am so glad you liked all the messages I received. Paulie, it is FREEZING here! 11 degree wind chill this morning so I am thankful for my warm home & warm place of work. Glad you had a good walk; a good clear day. Wanna come clean my cupboards now? LOL Thanks for the last line. That as a gift unto itself. Its great to be back posting again. Nancie, so good to hear from you too. Missed you as well. Thank you for your beautifully kind words. Praying for you also.