Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Quoteful Day

My toe is much better today. My mom got a new digitial camera and gave it to me to figure out how to work it. When we got home after church, I was sitting on Don's side of the couch because his still reclines. I fell asleep reading the manual!

I removed the nail polish on my fingernails but still have Tatum's polishing on my toes. Bought some pink & blue nail polish at the $1 store yesterday. I have an idea I am going to try... marbelized looking nail polish. Hope it works...

Quotes of the day:

Happiness... comes in our lives through doors we didn't even remember leaving open.
~Rose Lane~

When someone wants to do something nice for you, let them.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-
(As I did today when an officer gave me a $1 to buy me a drink with for bringing him his lunch.)

Bureaucrats write memoranda both because they appear to be busy when they are writing and because the memos, once written, immediately become proof that they were busy.
-Charles Peters-

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure till you know there is no hook beneath it.
-Thomas Jefferson-

Don't do what you want. Do what you don't want. Do what you're trained not to want. Do the things that scare you the most.
-Chuck Palahniuk-

Speak when you are angry -- and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret.
-Laurence J. Peter-

Don't flatter yourself that friendship authorizes you to say disagreeable things to your intimates. The nearer you come into relation with a person, the more necessary do tact and courtesy become. Except in cases of necessity, which are rare, leave your friend to learn unpleasant things from his enemies; they are ready enough to tell them.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes-

...laughter can be said to rememdy anything. -Kurt Vonnegut-

You have no control over what the other guy does. You only have control over what you do.
-A. J. Kitt-

Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-Thomas Jefferson-

Remember that sitting in a comfortable chair with a good book is still one of life's least expensive and most enjoyable experiences.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

Think something good... now share it. -Peter R. Stone-

It is never to late to become what you might have been. -George Eliot-

The game of life is a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy.
~Florence Sovel Shin~

Resign fromt the impossible job of trying to keep everyone happy.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-

No comments: